:TWENTY-FOUR:

Chapter Twenty four

I stir a bit before I felt something slip from my hand and I turn over on my bed slouching into a warm body. I flutter my eyes open to find Brian starring at me with sleepy eyes, I cuddled closer into him liking him being here.

"How long have I been asleep?" I groan sleepy starring up at him as I cover a yawn from slipping out unmannerly.

"Exactly eight hours." He said sitting up as I raise up on my arm as Fabian walked with two bowls of red peas soup Diana specialist. "Your awake!" He said placing the tray on my desk slowly as Diana walked in with two bottled water.

"I was just coming to stab you awake, I miss you."she grin climbing onto bed to pulled me into a hug.

"I thought you we're going to die. After that attack," She gushed as I remember Vanessa holding Dillion by the throat before she reach for a knife and next thing I remember I was grasping breath very hard.

"I didn't. I know you wouldn't let me flatter to death without trying to save me." I squeezed her hand slightly. "That's what's Best Friends are for." She smiled as Brian got up and I shift my gaze to him.

"Where is Vanessa now?" I asked as Fabian hand me a bowl of soup.

"She and Venroy left to talk about something serious." Brian answered surprising me.

"Did you both have a bro moment while I was sleeping beauty?" I asked curiously, he glance at Diana before shifting lightly on his feet.

"Something like that," he answered scratching the back of his neck while his other hand was slip in his shorts pocket as I started to drink Diana's soup.

"I told you he wasn't so bad, you just need to see against that stuck up bossy wall." I said.

"Yeah,"he mumbled glancing down to the floor. I could feel something odd between us but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Later that night I slowly, quietly stumbled of my room heading down the stairs towards the dungeon where the rogues we're kept with note crumbled up in my hand. I found it in my robe pocket. I tip toe towards the door. I tried the lock to my surprise it was open, I slowly push it open to scan the room to see them sitting in a circle holding hands while whispered in hush voices but they stop when I step into the room.

"Next time pretend to use a key, you never know who's watching." The elder guy turned his head towards me.

"Uh?" I grasp out as the door shut behind me and a silver light flicker before me and the next thing I know the woman from the few weeks stood before me dress in a long green gown, her red hair pulled into a ponytail with Amber streak running through it. While a guy stood beside her in a silver and grey suit with matching cloak, his hair was brush back untidly while his eyes were the brightest grey I have ever seen. "Am I seeing doubles or something?" I asked shutting my thrice.

"You got your mother humor and gentle features." The guy spoke sitting beside the elderman who was still himself.

"But she got her father eyes." The elderman said as the girl hand him a bottle with sorrel and rum. I could smell it.

" I look nothing like that man." I said stepping forward.

"You wouldn't know dear, you haven't met him." he lowered the bottle to look at me. " "Of course I did he treat me like a plague all my life." I said referring to Herrick.

"Herrick isn't your father." the familiar girl said causing me to stare at her wide eye.

"Then who is my father?" I question out loud. "His name cannot be mention, it's too dangerous." she answered.

"Well then, tell me who killed Odettea?" I growl.

"Harry did," the guy answered.

"That's a lie, he haven't been home." I said defending my brother.

" How can you believe someone who you barely know?" the girl blurted out hurt. "He's my brother, he wouldn't do anything to hurt me." I said.

" Well then learn the hard way." The elderman said sipping the sorrel again.

"Odettea's died because the person she trust the most betrayed her. Even the ones you love hurt you." he said with a bit of sadness etch in his voice.

"Trust me that's what burn the most." he uttered.

"How is this supposed to help me?" I asked as footsteps sounded outside the door.

"Look beyond the frame of the lone wolf." She said as a gush wind push and white light burst in front of me and next thing I know I was standing outside in the circle that was created by Diana and I a few weeks ago.

"We need to talk," Brian said to me as I turn to see him sitting on a log with two duffel bags looking as if he's been thinking really hard with his eyes holding sadness.