Arius - [Emerald Eyes]

I started my morning off with some studying, with the instruction of Lady Akila and the scribe Asar. The morning seemed so long. Akila left early, she didn’t say why. So I ended up being stuck with the scribe.

       When the classes were over, I wandered through the halls looking for Alexandra. Akhen helped, but neither of us could find her. It was a little later that I had run into Saia.

       “Oh, Saia! I am so glad to see you!” I said, relieved.

       She glared at me, strangely.

       “Is everything okay?” I asked.

       “No! Not at all, my Prince, nothing is okay!” She said looking away.

       I looked at her confused, “Saia, what’s wrong? I don’t seem to understand.” But then it hit me, was Saia upset about the engagement too? I hadn’t expected that. The whole time I hoped that Saia would be the one who understood and helped me explain to Alexandra.

       “Why don’t you? Oh, of course, you don’t care and I guess she never realized…” She paused and then looked me straight in the eye, “how a filthy slave like her could never have the slightest bit of a chance with such a handsome Prince like you!” She said it in a high pitch voice, as if she was imitating someone.

       I tilted my head, still confused, “Saia, what are you talking about?” I asked

       She walked up closer to me and then glared, “That was my best friend you were toying with!” She said, jabbing her finger into my chest.

       I stepped away, “Please listen to me Saia,” I started.

       “What is there to listen to, Prince? We’ve heard enough!” She said as she stomped away.

       “Saia wait!” I said, following her. “At least tell me where Alexandra is.” I pleaded.

       She turned around, looked at me and then she bowed. When she rose back up, her eyes were filled with tears.

       “Saia…” I said gently.

       She shook her head, “I’m sorry, I just don’t want to see her hurt!” She then looked at me, “She ran off, through the main gates, I don’t know where too though, I’m really worried.”

       I nodded my head. “I’ll find her.” I turned around to walk away, but then I turned back. Saia looked at me with tear filled eyes. I could tell that Saia didn’t want to be mad at me. I smiled at her. “Thank you, Saia.” I sighed, “Don’t worry; I’m sure she’s alright”

       Saia nodded her head and bowed. I turned around and headed for the main entrance gates.

       When I arrived at the gates a carriage was returning into the palace. The carriage stopped by me and Lady Akila stepped out. “My Prince? Where are you headed?” She asked me.

       “To the market, my Lady.” I said, hesitantly.

       She smiled at me, “Alone? You know that you shouldn’t depart the palace grounds without an escort. Would you like to borrow my carriage?” She asked me.

       “No,” I said, “Thank you, but I’ll just take my horse.”

       “Are you looking for someone?” She asked me.

       “Yes, I am actually.” I said, looking away.

       She put her hand on my cheek and turned my head to face her. She then sighed, “My dear Prince,” She started, “You must not worry. She is perfectly fine.” She smiled.