Arius - [Family Reunion]

Fear crept into me. “What’s going on?” I asked. My father smirked and looked at Alexandra’s grandfather. “You were banished from our kingdom, old man. What makes you think that you can come and go without losing your life to the process?”

       Alexandra’s grandfather looked up at my father and then turned to me. “Is it true that he knows?” He asked me.

       I nodded.

       “No one gave you permission to speak.” My father said. He then looked to his right and a guard with a whip stepped forward. The guards who were holding down Alexandra’s grandfather ripped of his shirt.

       “Speak again and you will be punished.” My father said.

       Alexandra’s grandfather looked at me. “Is my granddaughter okay?”

       I nodded, but flinched when the whip hit his back.

       Alexandra’s grandfather merely winced.

       I bit my lip and turned to my father. “Leave him alone.”

       My father didn’t look at me, he kept his eyes on Alexandra’s grandfather. “What did you say, old man?”

       Alexandra’s grandfather didn’t say anything.

       My father glared at me. “You know his granddaughter?”

       I hesitated.

       “She’s alive?”

       I didn’t know if I was supposed to tell the truth or not.

       “Yes.” Her grandfather said. “She’s alive.”

       I looked at him.

       My father looked furious. He turned and looked at Alexandra’s grandfather. “Where is she?”

       Her grandfather smirked. “She is the very girl which you are pursuing right now.”

       My father’s eyes widened. “The slave…”

       “Precisely.” Her grandfather said. “Shocking isn’t it. If you had truly loved my daughter you would have known that Chione, the slave, was Sanaa’s daughter.”

       My father looked at the old man. “How much of this does Arius know?”

       “All of it.” I said.

       My father looked at me. “All of it…”

       I glared at him. “I know you kil—”

       “What’s going on here?” I heard my grandfather yell.

       I turned around and felt great relief as I saw my grandfather walk in through the throne room doors.

       My father seemed surprised. “Father-in-law… what are you doing here?”

       My grandfather looked at my father and then at Alexandra’s grandfather. “Ishaq?” His eyes widened.

       The tired looking, but smirking Ishaq nodded. “Good to see you too, Akhenaton.”

       My grandfather turned to my father. “I say, let him go!”

       My father smirked. “He was banished from our lands and has returned. He must be punished.”

       “Father?” I heard another voice call.