Arius - [Reflection]

I tried to ignore her for the past three days but it was hard. She deserved it though, after being so rude, why should I be nice to her? Besides, I had more important things to deal with. I had a pile of work to do and I had to do them fast. It was a lot of work and very tiring.

       While I walked around the palace, I saw more girls standing outside their rooms, as usual, they would wave and smile at me. The only difference was that they would greet me as ‘My Pharaoh’.

       I returned a smile to them and then they ran off jumping up and down giggling. Weird. I thought.

       Being the Pharaoh wasn’t too tough though, it was probably more annoying than tough. You are always asked, ‘Pharaoh, would you like this?’ or ‘What can I do for you my King?’ and so on. There were also guards always following me, even when I need to go to the bathroom.

       It was this afternoon, when I was finally left alone. I decided to spend my alone time at my mothers’ fountain.

       The sun was high in the sky and the heat was unbelievable. Wearing all this heavy gold didn’t make it any better.

       I walked around and noticed that barely any people were out; I guessed it was because of the heat.

       Nice, I’ll be alone, peace and quiet. I thought, and then I stumbled over something. It was a large knife. I looked around and saw someone on the floor.

       Startled by the fact that there was a knife and a girl on the floor, my heart began to panic. I ran up to the girl and realized it was Alexandra.

       I surprised myself by rolling my eyes. Again? Really?

       But I still felt uneasy, maybe she’s asleep like the day she was cleaning the throne room. I thought.

       I felt her forehead, and it was blazing, I touched her face and then her eyes and she didn’t twitch. I looked around; everything seemed to have been dropped.

       “She’s unconscious…” I muttered to myself. I didn’t know what to do, I leaned over her, trying to give her some shade and I tried calling her name. I looked around trying to see if anyone was there to help, but I saw no one.

       At that moment I saw her move. I turned my head quickly and saw her blinking her big green eyes quickly.        After about a minute, she closed them tightly and opened them again. She stared at me, shocked.

       I got up and held my hand out, without saying a word. She didn’t hesitate to take it. I easily pulled her up and noticed she was still staring.

       I felt uncomfortable.

       She began to wobble a bit and she looked like she was about to fall. Get her out of the sun I thought. She continued to wobble, so I knew making her walk was a bad idea, so I picked her up.

       “W-what?” She asked, startled. But I ignored her. I walked her to the fountain, trees were planted to circle the fountain, so it was shady enough there. I sat her on the edge of the fountain, and sat next to her. Her hand was tightly gripping one of my arms, and I held her up with the other.

I let go and as soon as I did, she tipped backwards, almost falling into the water, I grabbed her hand and put my other hand behind her head, she still held onto my arm, so tight that I could feel that she probably stopped the blood from flowing to the rest of my hand.

       “What’s wrong? Are you ok?” I asked, as I felt her weight being pushed back onto my hand.

       “L-light headed.” She said, with her eyes closed.