Arius - [The Green Eyed Girl]

I came just in time. Lady Aziza was always a despicable person but this was going way past the line. “Lady Aziza! What, in the name of Ra, do you think you are doing?” I yelled.

       I grabbed her hand and at the same time, I pushed the green-eyed girl away from the pot.

       She flew onto the floor, gasping in pain. At that moment, I saw her burnt palms and her shocked, red, sweat covered face.

       “But, my Lord! Please, she was being so ungrateful! I was just trying to teach her a lesson!”

       “By trying to kill her?” I yelled. “You must be a fool to think that I don’t know what you were trying to do.”

       “But—”

       “My lady, I have always thought that the fact that you beat them was too much, what do you expect me to say to this?” I held out my hand to the girl on the floor who had tears in her eyes. She hesitated, but then took my hand and got up; she limped a bit, and walked to the green-eyed girl and hugged her.

       The limping girl had a round face and big brown eyes. She looked young, maybe fifteen. She had thick brown curls and her skin was the same colour as mine, chocolate brown.  The green-eyed girl also had a round face, and big eyes, but she was taller. She was quite a beauty, her hair was black, long, and straight. She was skinny and tall, she had a small mouth, her nose was round and to top it all off, her green eyes.

       There was something about those eyes; they looked filled with determination and strength. That gave me some evidence as to why she might have challenged Aziza.

       This girl looked a little older than the limping girl, she looked about sixteen.

       I saw the blood drip out of her nose, she was more hurt than I thought she was, the heat of the oil must have been bad.

       But unlike the other girl she hadn’t shed a single tear, all I saw was anger.

       “Guard!” I yelled. A passing guard immediately ran towards me. “Go get a doctor please, and tell him to come here, say there are two girls hurt.” I turned around and looked at the green-eyed girl.

       I walked over to her. “Hold your nose and breathe from your mouth.” I told her, not really knowing what else she should do.

       She didn’t say a word, but did as I said.

       “Where else did Lady Aziza hurt you?”

       Still, not a word came out of her mouth, but slightly turned herself and I saw that the back of her dress was badly stained in blood.

       I raised my eyebrows and shook my head. “The doctor is on his way to treat your wounds. So please take some rest, and wait to recover before you begin to do anything else.”

       Both girls nodded and I walked past them. “Thanks for protecting me, Alexandra!” The limping girl whispered.

       “Don’t worry about it.” The green-eyed girl replied.

       Alexandra? I thought, What an odd name, she must be from somewhere else. It’s a nice name though, different, but nice.

       Later that day I was resting on my bed when my brother walked in. “Brother, why are you sleeping so early?” He asked, even though it had gotten late.

       “I’m not sleeping.” I replied as I got up.

       “You seem dazed brother, what’s wrong?” Akhen asked me.