Arius - [The Return of the Pharaoh]

It was just a few moments ago that I heard that Subira was sick. I walked quickly through the halls and when I finally made it, Dr. Tuminis’ daughter Dalila opened the door. She grinned. “Arius! Good afternoon!” She hugged me.

       “Good afternoon, my Lady!” I laughed lifting her up. “Where are your parents?”

       “Papa is busy in the study room; mama is with the pretty girl in her bed room!”

       “Okay, I won’t disturb papa so I’ll see mama, ok?”

       She nodded, her curls bouncing.

       Subira and I were really close. I could even call her my mother if I wanted too. She took care of me when I was a child and really, she was the one who made sure I didn’t go crazy after my mothers’ death.

       Dalila pulled my hair over my shoulder and began braiding it. I smiled at her, she looked exactly like Subira. She had thick black curls and her eyes shun with happiness, just like Subiras’ always did.

       Still holding Dalila in my arms, I knocked on Subiras’ door, “Come in!” I heard Subira sing.

       I smiled to myself and opened the door.

       Subira was surprised to see me, she grinned from ear to ear. My eyes weren’t on Subira though and my heart had flipped over.

       “That’s the pretty girl” Dalila whispered in my ear.

       I nodded my head, and smiled.

       Alexandra sat beside Subira on a stool, while Subira rested on her bed. She was smiling at me too. I walked in slowly and Subira scowled at me, “Aren’t you going to hug your lover?”.

       I felt my face heat up. “What?” I asked as I looked at Alexandra. Did Alexandra tell her?

       “Oh silly! I saw the whole thing last night!” She said.

       I stared for a second. Why? I thought.

       “I expected you to come running in and hug her.”

       Well, I guess I would have told her anyway. “What are you doing here Alexandra?” I asked.

       She opened her mouth to speak but Subira started first. “She volunteered to come and give me company in my times of pain.” She said.

       I sighed, first she spies on me and then she steals Alexandra away from me.

       Subira looked at me, “What, did I steal her away from you?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

       I laughed. I always knew she could read my mind.

       When I put Dalila down, she danced her way outside the room, closing the door behind her.

       I walked up to Subiras’ bed and sat next to her, putting my hand on her leg. “How are you feeling?” I asked.

       “Fine, fine.” She sighed.

       “What happened?” I asked.

       “Well, I fainted, that is all. My back is hurting a little bit, but that’s because I hit it hard when I fell. I’ll be ok soon.” She smiled at me and I returned it.

       “What were you two talking about before I came?” I asked curiously, looking at Alexandra.

       Alexandra hesitated and then smiled at me, “Well…”