Arius - [Brothers]

I sat on the throne, yawning. I almost fell asleep three times. I think Akila was getting annoyed of having to tap me to wake me up.

       My grandfather was with us today, he sent Lord Khafirin to get Tabia, since she was late, but this wasn’t the first time.

       Tabia walked in with her hard face on. It was hard to believe that that girl was Tabia. She changed herself so easily when she stood in this throne room.

       She bowed. “Forgive me for being late.”

       “You are forgiven.” I said.

       She gave me a quick smile and then put her mean face back on as she gracefully walked up the stairs and to my side.

       The presentations dragged on, taking what felt like years. But it finally got interesting when the royal messenger showed up.

       “Good afternoon, my Pharaoh!” He said, and I nodded my head. “I bring the joyous news that your father will be returning soon.”

       I just nodded my head. Great. I thought.

       “Your father requested that I inform you of gifts he bring as well.” He said.

       Gifts? I thought. I wonder what he means. “Thank you.”

       When it finally finished, the throne room emptied quickly. Tabia and I were the last ones left. Tabia wasted no time and grabbed my hand, pulling me out into the gardens. “Okay Arius, here’s the deal. You have to tell you that you love her!” She told me.

       “What?” I yelled. “There is no way I can even think of doing such a thing!”

       “Why not?” Tabia asked smiling.

       “Because this will never work out!” I yelled.

       Tabia raised an eyebrow. “Why not?”

       “Because we are on the opposite ends of the social pyramid! She would never accept.”

       “Why not?”

       “Because I can’t!”

       “Why not?”

       “Because I’m not… brave enough!”

       “Why not?”

       I looked at her.

       Tabia laughed, “Oh, you two are absolutely perfect for each other!” She said. “Look Arius, never say never!”

       “Tabia, you don’t understand!” I said.

       “I do, and I really think this will work out!”

       “What if it doesn’t, what if she says no? Or maybe she’ll think I am insane!” I said shaking my head.

       She started laughing. “Two things Airy, one, you are insane and two, if she rejects you, so what! Move on!”

       “What is so funny?” I asked, a little angry.

       “Oh nothing!” She replied. “Give it a try Arius, what’s the worst that could happen?”

       I thought of ten things in the next second.

“Okay, do you love her or not?” She asked me, getting frustrated.