[Perfect]

[Chione]

When Tabia returned she surprised Saia and I by beginning to dance.

       “Are you okay, Tabia?” Saia asked, giggling.

       “Yup, dancing is how I get over frustration.” She said.

       “What happened?” I asked.

       “Oh nothing, just a little annoying brat doesn’t want to listen to me.” Tabia sang. Saia and I laughed.

       When Tabia was done, she sat on her bed and said. “Okay lovelies! Here is the plan. Tomorrow night is going have a full moon, perfect for romance.”

       “How about we decorate Alexandra?” Saia suggested.

       “Decorate?” Tabia and I said at the same time, “Perfect!” Tabia shrieked.

       I sighed.

       “I don’t mind you borrowing my jewelry!” Tabia said, putting her arm around me.

       I smiled.

       Tabia sounded so excited while we talked, but suddenly, she sighed.

       “What?” I asked.

       “I just hope that the king doesn’t show up. If he does, he would make this so much more difficult.” 

       I felt my stomach twist when I saw his face in my head.

       “But anyway, let’s not think of that” She said.

       “Tabia?” I called.

       She turned and looked at me, “Yup?”

       “Can you tell me the relationship between the king and the prince?” I asked.

        “The king is Arius’ father.” She answered, confused.

       “No I mean, how do they act together, are they close?”

       “Oh Ra!” She laughed. “Calling those two close is like trying to set fire to an ocean!” She laughed loudly.

       I stared.

       “No sweetie, those two don’t get along at all!” She said. “Ever since my aunt, who’s Arius’ mother, had died, those two became the total opposite of family.” She said still laughing, but then she got serious. “But I don’t blame Arius for disliking his father. I have never been brave enough to talk to him about it but I think Arius believes that his father is the one who killed his mother.” Tabia paused for a moment. “When his mother was being murdered, Arius was somewhere near, but he was too scared to see what was going on. All he has ever told me about his mothers’ murder was that he would never forgive himself for being weak.” She shuddered. “When Arius makes a mistake he always gets really upset about it. I mean, the boy was nine years old when his mother was murdered, of course he would be scared! I hate how he is so hard on himself.” She sighed.

       I felt a little guilty now.

       “But that’s Arius for you!” Tabia smiled to herself. “That’s why I think you made an amazing choice. He cares about everyone else more than he does about himself. I mean, him and I argue a lot but I love being around that fool.” She laughed.

       I looked at Saia and her eyes were a little teary, but she smiled.

       “Oh my gosh!” Tabia said looking at me. “I was so into getting you two together that I didn’t get to accept you as perfect for him yet!” She smiled. “Well lovely, tell me the honest truth, why do you love him?” She asked.