[Happiness]

[Chione]

I didn’t know why I was so happy. When I returned to the palace, I was literally dancing and humming some tune I was making up.

       This lasted until Saia grabbed me. “Alexandra! Alexandra! What’s wrong?” She yelled, dragging me into her room.

       I calmed myself down, and then ran my fingers through my messy hair. “I don’t know.” I admitted.

       Saia looked worried. “Maybe I should get a doctor?”

       “No Saia!” I said laughing. I sat on her bed, “I haven’t gone crazy!”

       “But Alexandra, this isn’t like you! You always act depressed, you are always frowning, your hands ball up into fists all the time, you yell at everyone who bothers you and you’re just always so mean!” She took a deep breath after she finished.

       I didn’t know if she was insulting me, or if she was just truly worried. But I thought about it for a second, and she was right.

       “Hey, wait a second…” She paused. “Let me guess, you’re in love, aren’t you?” She said grinning.

       I laughed, hysterically for a long, long moment. When I was able to speak, I looked at Saia and said, “Oh Saia! I don’t think I have ever laughed this much in my life!”

       “But what’s so funny? A long time ago, I fell in love too! When I did, I was always so happy!” She said, looking as if she were dreaming.

       “But Saia, you are always happy.” I said.

       She put her hands on her hips and pouted. “But I was really happy when I was in love!” She said, and I laughed.

       “Well, I’m not in love but I have something to tell you!”

       “Oh, Oh! Tell me! Tell me!” She said, suddenly excited.

       I patted the space beside me on the bed and she came and sat next to me. “Well, I’m only telling you this because you are my best friend and I trust you okay?”

       She nodded happily. “I love secrets!”

       “Well, you know the Prince right?” I started. I told her everything about my friendship with Arius. She looked more than amazed, and excited.

       “I told you if you acted more elegant the king would marry you to his son!” She jumped off the bed and began blabbering to herself.

       “What? Saia! No, it’s not like that!” I yelled and she fell silent. “Look, how could someone like me be married to a Prince? I’m just a slave!”