[Execution]

[Chione]

I ran through the halls trying to avoid as many guards as possible. But that wasn’t too hard. For some reason, the halls were quiet and empty.

       But that eeriness of the halls was the least of my worries.

       According to Saia, my grandfather was in the palace… with the king. If that was true than he was in trouble.

       My heart raced as I thought of what could possibly happen to him. It didn’t take me too long to figure it out.

       He would be executed.

       Beheaded for disobeying the King.

       Once you were banished, you were not supposed to return. Never.

       If I didn’t find him soon, it may be too late… my grandfather may be killed.

       “Alexandra! The Prince said not to leave Subira’s room no matter what happens!” Haru yelled as he tried to catch up to me.

       I ran faster, knowing that he had all the capability to stop me if he caught me. “I have to find my grandpa!”

       “But if the guards find you then you’ll be killed!” He said angrily as he grabbed my hand and pulled me to a stop.

       “Haru! Try to understand! My grandpa is the only family I have left!” I said between pants. “I need to help him!”

       “But Prince Arius—”

       “Forget about what Arius said!” I hissed. “This is important! He’s my grandfather! I can’t let him be killed!”

       “Alexandra!”

       I pulled my arm out of his grip and started to run, but he grabbed me again. “Haru!” I screamed.

       “Wait! If you’re going to do this, I want you to know that they won’t be able to get to you without getting past me! Got it?”

       “But—”

       He started to run past me. “C’mon, let’s find your Grandpa.”

       I wish I could smile… but that was close to impossible right now. There were way too many bad things going on and the last thing that I should be doing is smiling. So instead, I ran after him.

       When we made it to the throne room, I was surprised by the crowd and all the noise.

       I immediately ran towards the crowd and tried to squish past all the people.

       But when I squished my way through, I gasped and started to wish, with all my heart, that I had just stayed back in Subira’s room.

[Arius]

I wasn’t breathing when I wiped the blood off my face. For three reasons.

       One. I was staring at the open eyed face of my dead father.

       Two. He was really dead.

       And three. I wasn’t the one who killed him.

       I slowly turned my head and saw Ishaq standing over me. He pulled his sword out of my father’s chest and threw it aside.

       “May the Queen’s soul rest in peace.” He said.

       I stared at him, mouth open in shock.

       When he noticed my stare, he smirked. “I was going to be executed anyways.”