Arius - [Unexpected Guest]

Today, I sat on the throne in the place of my uncle. Six months had passed since I had started seeing Alexandra again, and my uncle hadn’t found out. I hope he never would.

       The day was long, but when it was coming to an end, a guard walked into the throne room and told me that my uncle wanted to see me.

       I didn’t think much of it because he always wanted to see me. So I got off of the throne, asked Akhen to take over and then left the throne room.

       “Do you know what he wants to see me for?” I asked the guard.

       He shook his head. “I’m sorry, my Lord.”

       “That’s fine.” I said.

       When I arrived into his bedroom, I saw him lying in his bed. That was exactly where he had been for the past months.

       He didn’t turn his head and look at me. Probably because he couldn’t.

       “Uncle Amenmose?” I called as I sat next to him.

       His eyes fluttered open. “Arius…” He said, with some difficulty.

       I smiled and nodded.

       He looked like he was thinking, trying to think of a way to say something. But after what seemed to be a long while, he finally spoke up. “Why have you disobeyed me?”

       My heart stopped. “…What do you mean?”

       He watched me carefully. “Two guards followed you yesterday.” He said.

       My eyes widened. “What?”

       “How long have you been seeing her?” He coughed.

       I didn’t say anything.

       “You know that I always keep my word.”

       I got up. “You can’t hurt her.”

       He coughed again. “Arius. You know I don’t want to. You put this on her.”

       I frowned. “If you don’t want to hurt her then you don’t need to.”

       “That’s where you are wrong.”

       I hesitated.

       “Guards will be following you everywhere now. I have made arrangements for it. Keep away from her. I’m giving you one more chance to keep this girl alive.”

       Instead of responding, I turned around and walked out of the room. The first thing I decided to do was see Tabia.

She was still in the throne room, so I had to go in and call her.

       Tabia panicked for a bit, but then calmed herself down. “Arius… I don’t think he’s going to do anything, not yet.”

       “Why do you think that?”

       “Because he said he won’t. If he says he won’t then he won’t.”

       I nodded my head. She was right. That’s just how she was. “But what do we do now?”

       Tabia placed her finger over her mouth as thought. “Arius,” Tabia finally whispered, “for now, I want you to stop seeing Alexandra.”

       I hesitated. “But Alexandra’s going to get mad if I just disappear.”

       “She will understand.”