[Realization]

[Arius]

felt extremely tired after I left Alexandra. As I walked through the halls my eyes struggled to stay open I thought I might fall on the floor and fall asleep. When I made it to the hallway that my chamber is in, I saw Lady Tabia sitting in front of my door, yawning.

       As soon as she noticed me, she shot herself up. “Puh-rince! Where have you been?” She asked, her loud voice hurt my ears.

       “At the garden.” I said as I walked towards her.

       She giggled. “My prince, we’ve got some chit chatting we need to do!” She said grinning.

       “Can’t this ‘chit chatting’ wait until tomorrow?” I asked yawning. I opened my door and she pushed me in, shut the door, and then locked it. “Lady Tabia! Please! Let’s talk tomorrow.” I begged.

       “No!” She said, “And stop saying Lady, it makes me feel old. If you want to show me respect, call me Miss.”

       I had to laugh to that. “You are old.” I said laughing.

       “If you don’t be quiet, I’ll tell your father what you have been up to while he was gone.” She threatened.

       “Up to? What have I been up too?” I asked.

       “I never knew you were going to pass on the dance moves I taught you.” She smiled wickedly.

       I stared at her. Oh no.

       She saw my shock and laughed. She held her hands together at her face and batted her eyelashes, “Oh, you have such nice eyes!” She said in a low voice

       “Why were you spying on me?” I said angrily.

       She shrugged. “I couldn’t help it! I saw your sudden eagerness in the throne room when she walked by, and as soon as she disappeared I heard you sigh. Plus, I didn’t see anything, just heard.” She laughed and laughed, although I didn’t see what was so funny.

       “Don’t you dare tell a single soul!” I almost yelled.

       “Oh Ra! This is juicy!” She laughed.

       “Tabia! I will never forgive you!” I said with my eyes wide open filled with anger.

       “Hey, hey, calm!” She told me. “Relax!” She walked to the washroom in my chamber and rushed out with a handful of water and she splashed it on me.

       “Tabia!” I yelled, wiping my face and looking unbelievably annoyed with her ridiculousness

       “Ok, now you aren’t tired, so let’s talk.” She said smiling.

       I rolled my eyes and sat cross-legged on my bed and she sat next to me.

       “So tell me.” She said.

       “Tell you what?” I asked looking away.

       “Tell me about her!” she said nudging me.

       “What is there to tell?” I asked.

       “Oh my dear Ra You can’t even tell your own cousin your secrets?” She squealed.

       Cousin. I thought. I never could believe how I was related to someone like her. Her father and my mother were siblings, which made her and I cousins.