[Imaginary Knife]

[Chione]

            Saia and I walked together to the slave quarters for lunch and she had a lot to tell me. “It was just smiling at each other at first, but this morning he came up to me and said ‘hi beautiful.’ Isn’t that so… amazing?” Saia asked jumping up and down.

       I laughed, “I think he’s flirting with you, Saia!”

       She laughed with me, “I know! Isn’t it amazing? Isn’t it? Who knew someone would flirt with me!”

       “Why wouldn’t they Saia? There’s no one in this world that’s like you! You’re the cutest girl ever, and you have an amazing personality!”

       “Thanks Alexandra! You’re so nice to me!” She said as she hugged me.

       I laughed.

       As always, for lunch we ate some sort of soup and a piece of bread. Saia and I finished quickly and then left. “Hey, have you seen Tabia anywhere?” Saia asked.

       “No, she left somewhere with Lord Khafirin while Arius was ill, and still hasn’t returned.” I said,

       “I wonder where she went.” Saia asked. She then started to smile. “Oh, look who it is!”

       I followed her gaze to see Arius and I began to smile too.

       “My Prince!” Saia called for me.

       Arius turned his head and smiled. “Good afternoon.” He said. Though he was smiling, I saw that he seemed stressed.

       “I thought the doctor told you not to stress yourself out!” I said smiling.

       He laughed, but a little hesitantly.

       I looked at him, confused and then realized why he was acting strangely.

       A beautiful girl stood by his side. You could see her thin frame in her long flowing red dress; it had flower designs all over it and had a gold border at the bottom of the dress. Her hair was long and black; it was loosely braided and had what looked like pearls clipped in her hair. Her eyes were brown; her skin was light and had no blemishes at all. Her lips were thin and you could see her cheek bones too. Overall, she was absolutely beautiful.

       “Are these your slaves?” She asked Arius, she had a strange accent in her voice.

       “Um, yes, they are.” He said. “Alexandra, Saia, meet Princess Kiana of Syria.”

       The Princess smiled at us.

       Saia and I bowed.