Arius- [Birthday Present]

She looked at me with her big green eyes filled with love.

I pulled away and leaned against the wall. I then slid down, pulling Alexandra down into my lap. She rested her head on my shoulder. “Are you going to leave again?” She asked, looking up at me.

       “I can’t say.” I scowled. “My father will do whatever he pleases, whenever he wants.”

       She sighed. “Why don’t you just say no?” She whispered.

       I looked at her. “Maybe I should…”

       She glared at me. “No, you won’t! If you do, I’ll be the one to hurt you.”

       I laughed. “Why did you suggest it then?”

       “I didn’t, I was just wondering why you don’t just say it.” She said as she took my hand in hers.

       I shrugged. “Because he will cause problems if I do. Just like what he did a while ago, when he cut Akhen.” I felt the anger rush into me.

       I knew Alexandra wanted to change the subject. “So… did you see Tabia recently?” She asked.

       I shook my head. “Where did she go again?”

       “Somewhere with Lord Khafirin.” She responded.

       I nodded.

       Alexandra snuggled closer to me and kissed my neck. I felt a tingling feeling where she kissed me. “You need to sleep, Arius.” She said.

       I shook my head. “No I don’t, not if I’m with you.”

       She sighed. “I don’t want to leave either, but you have to go and sleep.”

       I sighed too. “A little longer?” I asked, feeling childish.

       Alexandra giggled and then nodded. “Ok, fine. A little longer.”

       Alexandra and I ended up spending the rest of the night talking. I was so glad to see her again and the kiss was absolutely perfect. I wondered if she would hesitate, but she didn’t, which made me feel wonderful.

       When I returned to my chamber, I could hardly sleep. I wanted to be with her so much.

       I spent most of the next morning studying. After that, I had to attend a conference with my father. Of course, I just sat there, doing nothing but sighing. I returned to my chamber after that to freshen up.

       I walked out onto the balcony and looked out at the garden, taking in the nice fresh air. I closed my eyes trying to think of what’s next, but I was then interrupted by knocking at my door. I closed the balcony doors and walked out to the bedrooms entrance, which was already open. A guard stood there and then bowed. “Your father wishes to speak to you.” The guard told me as he stepped aside.

       I stepped out of my chamber and made my way to the throne room without saying a word.

       When I entered the throne room my father stood up. “Arius! My dear boy! It’s good to see you again; it seems like quite a while, yes?” He said as he walked towards me.

       I smiled at him sarcastically.

       A tall, unfamiliar girl stood next to my father, she was smiling at me.

       I gave her a quick smile but then turned to my father. “Why is it that you called me?” I asked, with no intention of respect.

       My father glared but then smiled. “How quickly you forget my son! I have a gift for you, remember?”

       I raised an eyebrow. “Father, I have neither the time nor the patience for your gifts.” I said.

       “Why exactly are you rushing, my son? Is it anything important?” He asked me crossing his arms.

       I merely nodded my head. After what he had done to my brother, I had no purpose of being polite or speaking to him with respect.

       My father sighed, “Roaming around your mothers’ garden isn’t something of importance, Arius.” He said.

       I didn’t respond to that.

       “Moving along, Arius, I would like you to meet Kiana. I know that there is still time for the date of your birth, but your gift arrived a little early.” He said as he motioned to the girl. She immediately stepped forward and bowed to me.

       I nodded my head, confused.

       “Arius, son, this is the next queen of Egypt!” My father said, patting Kiana on the back.

       What he said made me have to think, hard. So, she is the next queen of Egypt, but I’m the next king of Egypt. Is he replacing me? That sounded strange, so I thought it through again and then my eyes widened.

       My father smiled, “Arius, you are very slow!” He laughed “My son, meet your fiancée!”