Arius - [The Son of The Pharoah]

I took my time as I walked to the throne room. If my grandfather was here I would hurry up because I wouldn’t want to anger him, but he had left the night before, so I didn’t need to hurry.

       I was still tired and I felt so terrible. My head ached and my eyes didn’t want to stay focused.

       But I still walked into the throne room. My father turned his head and looked at me, and then scowled, “Where have you been!” He yelled.

       “Forgive me, I was caught up with some work.” I said.

       My father turned and looked at the man who came to call me.

       “I told you to bring him here, not tell him to come.” My father yelled as he got up.

       “M-my king…” He said, stepping back.

       “Father! Leave him be!” I yelled, “I am the one who sent him off.”

       “You dare to defy the orders of your own father?”

       I sighed. “Father, I already told you. I was caught up with other work.” I said.

       “Foolish child! What comes first, your father or this work?” He asked.

       This work. I thought, but I didn’t respond.

       Tabia then interrupted. “Am I the only one who remembered that the Princes’ birthday is coming up very soon?”

       My father turned to Tabia, who looked at Khafirin.

       “Yes, that’s right.” Khafirin said.

       I shook my head, she managed to change the subject.

       “Hmm, that is true, isn’t it? Now I know when I can give you your gift.” My father said turning towards me. He smirked. “But for now, you must get straight to work. You must head down to the town, along with Lord Asim and learn to judge the criminals. This will be what you are studying today, understood?” He said as he sat back on the throne.

       I nodded my head. “Yes father.”

       “Asim, you may leave now.” My father said,

Lord Asim stepped forward. “Yes my lord.” He said in his deep, demanding voice. He bowed and walked towards me. “Come now, young Prince.” He said. As he walked past me, I turned around and followed him.

       We headed for the town in a chariot. It was very awkward sitting next to Lord Asim, he was very intimidating. His eyes were small and his face was molded in an angry way. He had a thin moustache and his beard was short. His large build and threatening glare was enough to make a grown man cry, if Lord Asim wanted him too. However, he was a nice man.

       Everyone bowed as we rode by. People smiled at me but when their eyes went towards Lord Asim, they shook. I felt like laughing but of course, I didn’t. “Young Prince.” Lord Asim called.

       I turned my head and looked at him.

       “My orders were to teach you how to punish the criminal but if you don’t mind, would you like me to teach you a little bit more about the people of our nation?” He asked me.

       “Yes! Please, go right ahead.” I said a little pleased; I didn’t really want to learn about the criminals.

       Lord Asim smiled and then winked. “No telling your father now!”