Chione - [Sword Fight]

I walked into the garden and looked around, not a soul. I wondered why the garden was always so empty. I walked down the stone path that lead too the fountain and sighed when I realized that Arius wasn’t there. I then began to smile as I remembered how he told me to meet him here.

       Tabia had already returned to her room so it was just Arius, Haru and I. As Haru looked around, admiring the Palace, Arius walked up beside me and whispered in my ear, “Meet me at the fountain.” He kissed me on the cheek and said out loud. “Alexandra, go get some sleep, I’ll take Haru here to the slave quarters to get him a bedroom.”

       Haru turned around and smiled at me, “Bye Alexandra, I’ll see you later.”

       “Sleep well, Haru!” I said. “You too, my Prince.”

       Arius winked at me and walked away.

       I sat on the fountain and waited. I thought of Kiana, I better keep my guard up; she’s probably plotting a lot more things to break Arius and I up. At least now I knew that she was just trying to get me mad earlier today.

       I sat there for another while, keeping my mind pretty empty and then I heard foot steps. My head shot up and I looked around, it wasn’t that dark yet but it was still hard to see and the moon was the only light I had. Arius smiled at me, “Did I scare you?”

       I grinned. “No way!”

       He laughed and sat next to me.

       “Where did you take Haru?” I asked him.

       “He told me that he likes to work with people, so I took him to Dr. Tumini. I remembered how Dr. Tumini is always so busy and never has time on his hands; I thought he could use the help.” He said.

       “Did Dr. Tumini like the idea?” I asked.

       Arius nodded. “He was absolutely pleased, Subira loved it as well and they even let him stay with them.” He smiled to himself.

       I did too, I knew we were both thinking the same thing, how kind Dr. Tumini and Subira were.

       I looked at him and noticed that he had his sword in its sheathe around his wais. “Why do you carry that sword around?” I asked him as I tugged at it.

       He laughed and then shrugged. “Safety, I guess.”

       It was then that I finally pulled it out. “Hmm,” I said as I looked at it. I then jumped up and started swinging it around.

       “I wouldn’t do that, you’ll hurt yourself.” Arius said getting up.

       I smiled. “Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing.” I said. I really did though, I had learned a bit by watching people before I came to the palace to be a slave. I practiced some moves too, in case I needed to fight the king; the only difference was I used a smaller knife. I had to admit, this sword was heavy.

       Arius grabbed my arm and the sword in one quick movement.

       “Hey!” I said and then I pouted.

       “I don’t want you to hurt yourself.” He said as he put the sword back into the sheathe.

       I then had a fun idea, “Fight me!” I said, smiling.

       “What?”

       “Fight me, come on!” I said jumping into a fighting position.