Chione - [Frustration]

I didn’t think that this would happen again. I didn’t want to be mad at him again, so I tried to silence the anger in me. Tabia was apologizing in the place of Arius and I had to continuously tell her that it was okay. I guess I knew that Arius didn’t do that on purpose, I mean, she was the one who pushed herself onto him. Besides, he pushed her away. I smiled to myself as I remembered that.

       Tabia left for the throne room because they were having a big banquet for Arius’ birthday. As soon as Tabia was gone, Lady Aziza found me. “Perfect!” She smiled.

       I bowed.

       “Chione, I need you to be one of the maids at the banquet for the Prince’s birthday.” She said.

       I nodded my head.

       “Go to the dressing room, you know where it is right? I have to find more maids.” She said, in a rush.

       “Yes, my Lady.” I said and then bowed.

       I walked into the dressing room and saw Saia there.

       “Alexandra!” Saia sang, “Funny how we’re doing this again! Remember the last time we did this?” She asked.

       I smiled at her. “Yes.”

       Soon, we were all dressed up and ready to go. There were about thirty maids, including Saia and I. Unlike before, we wore long red dresses that fell down to our toes and they were not so revealing. Our faces were again, covered with makeup, but not as much as before. The earrings were silver and dangled to my shoulders and the necklace matched the earrings. We wore no slippers, I didn’t know why though.

       We were told not to make any messes, and only to clean the messes. Aziza gave me a look when she said that, probably because she remembered what I did last time. There were going to be hundreds of people there, so we are expected to be on our best behavior.

       I felt like I was ten years old again.

       When the banquet had begun, it wasn’t too crowded but soon more and more people began to come. There was music being played and dancers were dancing. It was all so amazing.

       I looked around and wondered where the birthday boy was. I couldn’t see him anywhere. This party was for him, so I expected him to be the center of attention. While I served people food, I looked for Arius. I wanted to talk to him and let him know that I wasn’t mad at him.

       Soon, I spotted Kiana. For some reason, I got all nervous inside. Strangely, she looked right past me. Not even a glare. I felt a little relieved. Then I began to wonder if Arius had told her the truth.

       After another while, I finally found him. He was standing next to his father accepting the birthday wishes from the hundreds of people who were lined up to wish him.

He looked absolutely amazing. He stood tall and the cape made him look heroic. His hair was tied in a ponytail, which for some reason, made him look very… hot.  He didn’t seem to notice me at first but as soon as he looked in my direction, I heard someone call my name.           

       I swung myself around and saw Haru run up to me. “Haru! Hi!” I said.

       He seemed to have changed a lot in the couple of hours that I didn’t see him. His hair was cut short and he seemed to have gotten a little muscular. I wondered if it was possibly for people to get muscular in a couple of hours.

       “I guess you noticed the hair?” He asked.

       I smiled. “Looks good.”