Chione - [Clumsy Me]

I wandered around aimlessly for what seemed like forever. At first, I wouldn’t admit that I was lost, but sooner or later I did. When I finally found a familiar door, it led to the outside of the palace.

       I sighed in disbelief. “How big does this palace need to be?” I muttered to myself. After all, it was only truly the home to a murder king and his two sons.

       I walked out of the palace and into a garden; it seemed to be a beautiful night, so I guessed that it wouldn't be a horrible idea to go for a stroll.

       As I walked out I noticed some guards walk by, they smiled at me but continued to walk their own way.

       I looked around, it was beautiful, and there were so many flowers everywhere. And how could I not mention the way this side of the palace smelled. Beautiful. To add to the beauty, the moon looked dazzling. Absolutely lovely. It seemed as if I had never seen it so full before.

       I continued to look around, a smile forming on my face. But suddenly I saw something move from the corner of my eye. I quickly turned around and looked up, and there I saw a boy, looking down at me.

       It took a while for my eyes to adjust, but as soon as they did, I realized who he was; he was the one who saved me from that woman, Lady Aziza.

       I had never really looked at him before, but now I could see him, he was very handsome, especially in the moonlight. He had long black hair which fell over his shoulders, his eyes were a light brown and his skin was a chocolate colour, a little darker than mine. He was tall and he wasn’t wearing a shirt, so I could see that he was well built; he looked strong, and tough. From the way he was standing and the strength I could see, he looked like a king. I could imagine him as one easily.

       He was staring at me, in what seemed like disbelief, I just looked back, a little confused. Why did he seem so shocked?

       “Excuse me, my Lady?” He called from the balcony.

       He was too respectful, I’m pretty sure he knows I am a slave, why would he refer to me as ‘my Lady?’ So I continued to look at him, still confused.

       “Miss, I thought I told you to wait to recover before you moved around?” He said.

       I just looked at him and his stare of disbelief, turned into concern.

       “Are you alright, my Lady?” He asked.

     I nodded my head “I am recovered, I feel well, thank you for asking and thank you for helping me this morning.” I said.

       He nodded his head and said, “It was my pleasure.”

       “And might I advise you sir? I am but a filthy slave, you seem to be of high class so for your own sake, you should keep away from helping us.” I said, I saw him raise an eyebrow, but I turned around and walked away.

       ‘Maybe I should have asked for his name.’ I thought, but then I shrugged, it’s not like I was ever going to talk to him ever again.

       I wandered around for another couple of hours and then I finally found a guard who led me to the slave quarters. It wasn’t like I expected, I got my own tiny room and when I say tiny I mean it.

       All it had was a bed and a little space which could fit maybe 3-5 people. But it had a long curtain which covered the entrance, so I was happy; I could be alone when I wanted to. I quickly went to bed, the bed wasn’t soft and warm, but it was better than the floor. Sleep overcame me soon and though my face still throbbed from the incident this morning, I slept soundly.

       The next day came quickly, Saia had already found my room and she was the one who woke me up. “Hello, sleepy!” She said. “Wake up!” She nudged me lightly and I lifted myself up.

       “Good morning!” I said smiling. “How is your leg?”

       “It’s fine. Just a little swelled up, I can walk though.” Saia said as she got up to prove it to me.

       We started the day off with normal things; I was the one who had to go get water from a large well. It was very hot today and carrying a large pot with water in it wasn’t going to make it any better.

       When I made it to the well I pulled the water out with a bucket and filled the pot. As soon as I finished, I picked up the jar and walked as quickly as I could, I wanted to get out of the sun. The jar slowed me down a lot but I tried to walk quickly. I was almost running when I heard a familiar voice come from behind me. “You shouldn’t run, this floor is slippery when it is wet.”

       I ignored the voice and kept going; I hadn’t fallen where it was really wet, how could I fall here?

       It seemed like the way back was even longer, I tried to run faster, but I couldn’t. A lot of the water in the pot had spilled out, but I continued, and then I heard a weird noise.

       I felt the pot fly out of my hands, and I felt myself fall backwards, I had slipped.

I heard the pot shatter and felt the water in my face, when I hit the ground, my head hit the floor hard, I thought I heard a crack. I couldn’t feel anything and everything was beginning to fade away. But then, I felt warmth.