Chapter 15. Working On It

Note: Italic: Russian | Bold: English | Normal: Japanese

There are some italic words that aren't Russian, sometimes they are thoughts and written letters, etc.

---

Two days had passed since the first years had started working with their ultimate moves. During those days Zasha, Umi and Sakura had continuously shared their thoughts and advices to the class or sometimes would just observe like Aizawa.

Training had ended for that day and the students returned to their dormitories to take either a nice hot bath, eat delicious food that would fill their empty stomachs or return to their rooms a bit early than expected to take a rest and ready themselves for another long day tomorrow.

The common area is almost empty. While the others had retreated to their rooms after relaxing, Sakura stayed in the common area where she's busy munching a newly peeled apple while she watch a movie in the dark. Zasha was out of the dormitories to keep guard while Umi had decided to stay in her room to rest. All alone in the dark floor, with only the television providing her light, her cold feet had folded a bit right at the top cushion of the couch she was sitting on. The television was on its lowest volume and all her attention was solely on the television screen.

A figure went by from the upper floors, hoping to get a glass of water before finally resting. Noticing the television's almost hushing sound, Shouto turned his head to see his pink haired cousin watching the horror movie with interest. He grabbed a glass of water and approached her from her back, unknowingly.

Sakura is already at the scene where there would be an expected jump scare to appear. She didn't really find horror movies scary but rather entertaining and a good way to pass time. She had already watched tons since she was a kid, much to her grandmother's dismay, and had gotten use of horror movies' never-ending cliché twists and scare. However, what she didn't expect is for her cousin to call her attention when she can already feel the build-up tension of the jump scare.

A nonchalant "Sakura" had scared the shit out of her. She immediately jumped from the couch and looked back to see a very confused Shouto holding a glass of water.

"What the fuck Shouto!" she had unknowingly cussed as she glared at him, the jump scare from the movie had passed and the story continued on "Are you trying to kill me?" she placed a hand on her chest and let out an exhale.

Shouto followed her movement as she sat back down to her place "If you're scared then you shouldn't watch a horror movie in the dark"

Blushing in embarrassment, Sakura could feel an irk mark appearing right on her forehead "I was not scared, you just called in the wrong time" she raised an eyebrow when her cousin took his chance on sitting next to her "Why are you up, anyway?" she shrugged to let him be and continued watching but made sure to keep an ear for her cousin

"I wanted to take a glass of water" he answered, looking at the screen to watch as well. She moved her hand and took a small plate of apples to offer it to him, he silently thanked her and took one piece for himself "We haven't had the chance to talk so I thought this would be a good chance to approach you, I apologize if I ruined your night"

"No, you didn't" She assured, not keeping her eyes off the screen while she placed the plate back to the coffee table "You wanted to talk about something? What's up?"

There was a moment of silence between the two. Shouto watched as the protagonist of the movie runs in the hallway to find herself a place to hide from the demon who had been trying to chase her "About Umi"

Hearing her friend's name, Sakura can't help but raise an eyebrow once again "What about her?"

Staring at his half-eaten slice of apple, he had asked her "Was she there when you went to the sports festival? When I bumped into you?" Sakura answered him with a yep and sat straight to continue listening "Why didn't you tell me that she was with you this whole time? Was she in Russia, with you?"