Chapter 90. Strange Place

Note: Italic: Russian | Bold: English | Normal: Japanese

There are some italic words that aren't Russian, sometimes they are thoughts and written letters, etc.

---

A/N: Some idea just came into me so I'm going with this heheh.

---

Zasha clasped her hands together; fingers were playing with each other as she completely ignored the freezing temperature of the wind and the wooden bench she was sitting on. It has been a few minutes since she excused herself from her friends, wanting to have a moment alone to try and think. She's even thankful that Kirill decided to let her be instead of clinging to her like a tight leech as usual.

"I appreciate you being here with me. However, rather than worrying about me, shouldn't you worry about your relationship with Bakugou-kun?"

"Russia is your home, isn't it?"

"They're still in the process of discussing things with U.A. I was told that we might be able to work with Japanese heroes to test our skills. If things end up good, then we can officially come back to Russia as planned."

Our time to say goodbye is getting closer than expected. It would be nice if they could say they would visit whenever they can, but pursuing the path of heroics would mean dedication. They would spend years in Wolfsbane until graduation, then serves the country for who knows how long. It won't be easy to say goodbye. Zasha sighed as she felt her chest tighten for a moment. She still has yet to open the topic with Katsuki. I don't know how we will make this work.

"I can wait, even if it takes me a decade or two."

"We're in this hell hole together."

Her hand moved to touch the bracelet hidden beneath her sleeve, with another sigh escaping her lips. "I don't know," she mumbled to herself, "can we?"

As soon as she chose this path, she was confident that she would give everything up. "Don't let emotions get in the way of your mission. Isn't that the focal point of everything?" She bitterly mumbled to herself, pressing her elbow in each of her legs and cupping her face with her hands. The moments she shared with her new friends she found in Japan, with him— they suddenly felt too good to be true.

The reality of being a hero is a bitter one. You'll lose a lot more than you gain. Sure, you have influence and power, but you could also lose everything that is supposed to matter to you. Family, friends, everything that you love—you could end up letting go.

Zasha had already planned her whole hero career. She will graduate as a hero, and she would abdicate her right to take the title as the rightful Duchess of Russia. Rather than sitting and looking pretty, it's her dream to protect her country hidden behind the shadows, away from the public eye. It was hard to make her parents understand, but they still supported her decision despite their reluctance. They witnessed it beforehand, the sacrifices Toshinori has to give to be the hero he aimed to be. They didn't want their daughter to experience the same thing and honestly didn't want her to choose that kind of path, but they knew that they would never be able to stop her. So instead of watching their daughter aim for something with the guilt of going against her parents, they chose to be supportive and vowed to be with her whenever she needed them the most.

Reality is slowly hitting her, and yet—

Her body flinched when she felt someone sitting next to her. She pulled her head away from her hands and saw Katsuki staring afar with both of his hands pocketed in his jacket. He was lazily leaning back on the bench, cursing lightly at its cold touch. Katsuki didn't spare her a glance, and none of them dared to break the ice for a moment, not until Zasha suddenly asked, "Do you want to break up?"