Chapter 79. New Year's

Note: Italic: Russian | Bold: English | Normal: Japanese

There are some italic words that aren't Russian, sometimes they are thoughts and written letters, etc.

---

Even though the Heights Alliance dormitory was made mandatory for all U.A students, the school has given their permission to let the students return to their homes for a day and celebrate New Year's Eve in the presence of their families. Professional heroes will escort each student from U.A on their way home and back to school the next day.

"What about you?" Mina asked the girls from Wolfsbane while she double-checks her bag. The faculty had announced that they'd be sending school buses in each dormitory, so Class A was already packed and ready until their designated bus arrives. "Russia's a bit too far for a day ride home. Wouldn't it be too lonely?" she pouted, giving Zasha a sad look.

Zasha chuckled while she kept her feet on the couch, watching as her pink friend rearranged her scarf around her neck. "It's a little lonely, but we'll get by. We're used to spending New year's with our family every year—This time" she turned her head until her eyes found Umi and Sakura talking to Shouto. Fuyumi invited two friends to a family dinner by Shouto's older sister, and she's glad they could celebrate it here in Japan this time. "It's Umi and Sakura's turn to celebrate with their family and friends."

Mina teared up, giving the blonde a tight hug while Hagakure and Ochako sniffed in heartache. "Why don't you come with me?! My parents will be glad to have you."

Patting her arm, Zasha thank her for being hospitable and said, "I need to stay here with my friends so we could celebrate our traditions together. Also, I have my uncle with me, so it's not bad! Don't worry about me!"

"The bus is here!" Iida announced, calling everyone and instructing them to fall in line and fashionably leave their dormitory. Class A's girls quickly gave her a tight hug before following Iida's instruction while the boys wave her goodbye and greeting her with a happy new year which she promptly replied.

"Are you sure you're not coming with us?" Sakura asked as she and Umi approached Zasha with a reluctant look. "Fuyumi-nee would love to have you on board."

Zasha shakes her head with a no and said, "It's a rare chance to celebrate with your family, and I wouldn't want to interrupt. I'll be fine in here!" she puffed her cheek while placing her hands on her hips as she noticed the worry in their eyes. "Geez, I'm not a baby! Besides, I have an uncle here with me and the others!"

"Umi, Sakura," Shouto called as he waits by the door with his hand holding a small bag.

Sighing, Sakura pulled Zasha into a hug, and Umi didn't hesitate to join in as well while she said, "Call us if you get lonely!" they both pulled away and left after giving her another look.

Zasha smiled as she followed them out from the dormitory, watching as her friends enter the bus one by one. She crossed her arms while waving a hand to those who would reluctantly look back at her.

Katsuki came out late, pulling a small suitcase with him; his red eyes didn't fail to give her a side glance as he paused beside her and smugly said, "Be sure not to cry when you get lonely."

"I'm glad to have a day without seeing your stupid Pomeranian face," she retorted back, pulling a tongue out.

"What did you say?!" he growled, grabbing her face to give it a tight squeeze. She complained, trying to pull his hands away from her cheeks.

"That's enough, you two!" Aizawa warned, his eyes quickly turning red in annoyance. "Get in the bus, Bakugou."

Clicking his tongue, Katsuki pulled his hand away and directly said to her, "You have my number for some reason," before finally making his way towards the bus.