Chapter 38: So Many Things At Once

.

.

.

Abigail's POV

.

.

.

The second I stepped off the cringe worthy bus, papers were flung into my hands. There were papers everywhere, in people's hands, all over the concrete, and with the wind being as strong as it is, they're were even in the most unusual places. The papers were crinkled, and photocopied, just like the ones about me.

It's begun.

Claire wanted to skip out on today, not to show her face to the carnivorous town. I understood why, but I told her that she needs to just face the music.

After all, you never know if listening to a certain song will open your eyes to a whole new genre. Like The Muppets for example. They... have nothing to do with this situation, but you know what? They're amazing so... yeah...

You know what else is amazing? Brownies! I dig in my purse for something to munch on and my fingers find themselves wrapped around a perfectly red apple. Remembering the instance in the car with Adam and the brownie, I sigh, and tiredly take a bite of the fruit.

Stupid apple.

Adam's Transformer like car pulls up in the corner of my eye and I keep my expression straight and my path set for the front doors. Before I have to deal with the cheater again, I needed to find Royal.

She said she was going to confront Jon today yet I was scared she was going to back out and let him continue to step all over her. He was a selfish guy who didn't care about anyone but himself. He crushed others as he attempted to get to the top and it didn't even phase him. He was much like Adam was before I figured out the real him. Maybe he and Lena could go hang each other. 

I mean, get married and live happily ever after. I'm not that violent. I wish the best for people, always.

Sometimes always. 

I plunged into the crowd of buzzing bodies and my head spins, my eyes practically rolling out of my head dizzy with me trying to find her long dark hair. I looked for all her possible clothes, due to my knowledge of her closet but I couldn't see anything that was even close to anything in her pack filled wardrobe. 

Finally, after five minutes of pure annoyance, I finally catch Royal standing by the bathrooms sporting massively cute nerd glasses, curly pigtails and an oversized newspaper sweatshirt.

She appeared to be scrolling through her Instagram feed, not paying the slightest attention to anything around her. I tapped her on the shoulder and smiled as she turned to look at me. 

"Hey," I stared. 

"Hey," she breathed. 

"You ready?" I say, trying to put an encouraging swing in my voice. She looked at me with nervous eyes and bit her lip, nodding a bit. She's practically biting off her whole lip. By the time we actually get to Jon, she's not going to have a mouth to talk with. Zombie alert. 

"It'll be alright. Come on girl, you have to show him that you're not one of his whores that he can just bang and then forget you completely! He's a total jerk and he doesn't even deserve you. And you telling him that you have feelings for him and he laughing at you just makes it worse. You should be angry, come get angry, Royal." 

"I uhh..." She staggered. 

"Okay, think of a time that your dad made you super angry." 

Her forehead wrinkled as she thought and then it was like all of a sudden, bam, she was mad. No she wasn't just mad, she wasn't just angry, she was livid

"That asshole," she muttered. 

"You go girl! Now come on, let's go beat some butt before the Claire gets humiliated for the rest of her life." 

She nods once and begins to walk in the direction of Jon's locker. She turns rapidly on her heel to face me and says, "Oh by the way, Abigail, before we do this... maybe you should listen to Adam. At least give him a chance. Okay, let's go do this before I back out of it and never speak a word about it ever again." 

Listen to Adam? Give him a chance? But he hurt me, he cheated on me. Give him a chance? Like helium I will. 

We snake through the throng and when we reach Jon's locker, he had just arrived and was hanging his light sweater on one of the silver hooks. Justin was leaning on the locker next to his were talking about some new car. 

I cleared my throat and both of them looked back and forth from me and Royal. 

"What do you want?" Jon said, obviously annoyed. 

Royal stepped toward him and started her rage speech. "Hey, Mr. Heart-breaker, you're an ass." 

Jon seemed taken aback a bit and his face changed from annoyed to confused. "Excuse me? What?" 

Royal stayed as still as a stone. "You heard me, you're an ass. You jerk. I liked you, a lot and you go and laugh in my face like some heartless dick. Oh wait, that is what you are." 

"Royal, you've known me for my whole life. You know I don't get into relationships." 

"Yeah, right. Says the guy who still wishes that Maria will come back from Arizona and pronounce her love for you. She's long gone, mister, so you can stop dreaming. You need to wake up." 

Oh I didn't know there was a Maria. Get em', Royal, get em'. 

"Stop being so selfish about everything. This world isn't about you, you can't make time go back, you have live on and stop hoping that you're long lost love will cry your name from some tower somewhere. What about everyone else, huh? What about me? I'm the one who was always there when you needed someone, I was so naive. All those nights; I just wanted you and you just wanted me to fill your void." 

Oh, nights was plural. Oh girl, get em'. 

Jon speeds his words, "No, Royal. You're wrong. I didn't just use you as a replacement for Maria, I really..." 

He cut himself off. 

"You what, Jon? You what?!" Royal shouts. I take a look around and see a crowd formed around the both of them. 

"I-" He starts again. His face is sad as he looks up to gaze into her eyes. He immediately leans forward and locks his lips with hers.

Applauds and gasps spread 'round the hallway.

Wow I did not see that coming. 

-----------------------------------------------

A MONTH WITH NO UPDATES WHAT?! IM EVIL! 

But technically it wasn't my fault. It was my mom's for taking my electronics away. 

So blame her. 

Updates coming soon.... 

Do you guys want more or are you ready to wrap up the story??? PLEASE TELL!! Do you want a sequel??

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!! 

Love you guys!!!

-Ellie  <3 

P.S GUYS GUESS WHAT?! MY CRUSH IS TUTORING ME AND WE'VE BEEN TEXTING AHAHAH! Sorry haha, I'm just so happy I just HAD to tell you guys:D

P.S.S Check out my poems in my new book of poem XD 

P.S.S.S Sorry about Beauty in 3.0 Miles guys.