Chapter 40: Fixing Our Mistakes

Chapter 40

.

.

.

.

Abgail's POV

.

.

.

.

I breathe softly into Adam's chest. What were we going to do to fix this mess?

This was all our fault. We teamed up with Lena, we were the ones who seeked revenge, we were the ones who helped print the millions of papers. This was a mess, a hurricane, that we produced. And how do you stop a hurricane? 

 The bell rang for first block but we stood still, arms wrapped around each other. It was like someone just took the remote and paused us. Our thoughts and breathes were the only things alive. 

It was a while before either one of us said a word. But it was Adam that spoke first. 

"Abigail, what are we going to do?" 

I shrug. "I don't know." 

 Then, like one of those cheesy light bulbs in the Nick Jr. shows, it hit me. 

"I have an idea," I say with a slight grin, lifting my eyes to meet his. 

"Oh no, Abigail. Your ideas never turn out good," He jokes, ruffling my drowsy ponytail. I scoff sarcastically. 

"Do you have any other choice, you butt?" He laughs and shakes his head. 

"Nope, and I wouldn't want one," He says, leaning in for another kiss. I comply but kiss him quickly, then playfully put my finger on his lips when he came in for another. 

"Hey, hey, hold your horses. We got some fixing to do." 

He rolled his eyes. "Just two more minutes? You're like a drug..." He pleaded. 

"No. As much as I want to skip class and do something as productive and absolutely spontaneous as kissing you all day, we have something to do, remember? And a drug, Adam, really? You compared me to a drug?" He chuckles. "Now, come on," I say, laughing lightly and pulling him along down the hallway. 

~!~

"I cannot believe that all happened though! Like seriously, that was amazingly adorable! Not even fair," I complained. 

Royal gave me a stinky look but her eyes were glittering. "Shut up. We all know you've had that and even better with Adam."

"Okay...so yes, I have but still! That was beyond anything so... wow. You guys had an immediate connection, it was so cute!" 

Royal squeals. "I know! Ah, I'm just so happy that he actually likes me and doesn't just want me for you know..." She rolls her big blue eyes, "...long legs and sex." Her face twists but she was blushing immensely. This girl...

I was so happy for her though. She finally got the guy that she's been drooling over for most of her life. It was crazy that no one noticed her major crush before. I mean, besides Adam. He knew everything about her. She was practically his sister. 

Never though, at the thought even crossed my mind. Okay, so that was a slight lie, the thought did cross my mind, a lot. I just never thought about it long enough to confront her about it. 

This is why having Adam around was simply a miracle. He saw the things I didn't, while I filled in the holes that he held. 

He was (cheesy I know ) my other half.