Chapter 37: I Know You Don't Want To See Me...

*

*

*

*

---Abigail's POV---

*

*

*

*

My knuckles echoed on the door and I stood on my tippy toes in anticipation. I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing, or how I was doing it. I was just going to do it. I knocked on the door again and scrunched my lips. 

I heard footsteps creak from inside and with each snicker of the floor, my heart beats faster. I don't know what to say. How did I think I was going to do this? 

The door swings open as I come face to face with a very pale Claire. Her golden hair looked like straw and she looked as if she had just seen a ghost. She looked completely drained and different. 

My words stumbled a bit but I confidently began my words with, "I know you don't want to see me... but I felt like I needed to warn you." 

Claire gave me a confused glare, "Excuse me? Warn me?"

I nod my head. "Yeah. Tomorrow, you see, um... your whole life is going to be exposed using these," I say and plop the bag filled with her past, present, and future into her hands. She stared down at them in fear and looked up at me with eyes of dismay. 

"Where'd you find these?" She said in a shaky voice. 

"Well, it's... kind of a long story..." 

She looked at me for a second then stuck her head outside the door a bit and scanned the area behind me as if to make sure no one was looking. She yanked me by my arm and pulled me inside quickly, slamming the door once my full body was inside the mansion. 

"I have plenty of time." 

--- The Next Day 

"Let me at least give you a ride. Please, Princess." 

I shook my head and said, "No, Adam. I'm taking the bus. I'm not going to ride in a car with a cheater." 

He ran a tan hand through his chocolate locks and I glanced away from his sugary yet sad stare. My insides started to jiggle in a jello manner and my heart began beating fast like a thumping speaker at a massive rave. Robots and orangutans, why did he make me feel this way? I'm mad at him, I'm not suppose to be desiring his warm embrace. 

He cheated on me. We weren't even together for a full week and then he just goes on and practically makes out with Lena Gale, who by the way, was sooooooo lying to us. 

Her boyfriend, Ryan Siklor, broke up with her because...and I quote...'She was a lousy sex partner.'

Claire never told her that she wasn't 'popular enough'. She told Lena that she was angry that I was getting more popular than she was and that next thing they know, I was going to be in Lena's seat of popular power. Claire said that Lena always teased her around, and used her for her father's excessive wealth. Lena made up the entire story so that she could weave her snake self close to Adam and attack like the venomous predator that she really is. 

And they were still going to go ahead with the plan. I warned Claire last night. I stayed at her house until eleven, telling her everything we knew and every single detail that was going to hit the town tomorrow, well today. I couldn't stop them. 

Adam just didn't plain care anymore, he was just trying to get me back. But after what he did yesterday... that sure as hamburger wasn't going to happen. 

Royal wanted to show Jon what she really was. Forget our plan apparently. She texted me last night that she 'had to do what she had to do.' 

The girl who we thought was trying to ruin ours and everyone else's lives was actually a victim to another girl's rage of jealousy and hatred. How could I be so blind? 

"Abigail, please, just get in the car and stop acting life a brat," Adam's voice pleaded in a demanding tone. 

"Excuse me? Brat? Well, I guess I am a brat huh? Wouldn't want a complete brat to ride in your brat-free car now would you?" 

I internally face palm myself but keep a sour expression on my face. Adam's eyebrows crinkle in confusion a bit but then begin to set in frustration. 

"Abigail..." He growls. I shrug and began to walk past him and his lightning car. 

You could hear the monster yellow bus creak it's way down the road and I walk faster until I reach the stop. Not two seconds later, Adam and his sharp jawline are back to their previous begging and the other students are staring blankly with curious eyes.

I just roll my eyes and turn my body away from him, the dull colored bus coming into sight.

"Abigail, please! Look, just let me take you to school, I'll explain on the way. It wasn't my fault I promise. This is all a misunderstanding." He pleads as the large vehicle arrives closer and closer.

The bus comes to a screaming halt and Adam looks at me with deary eyes.

"Sorry, I just need some time. You know, the same amount of time that you took to cheat on me." I flip my ironed hair and climb onto the stench-worthy bus. I walk the aisle slowly and slide into an empty ripped seat. Looking out the window, I see Adam who has his hands buried in his pockets and his pink lips pursed. He runs his finger through his hair and lets out a breath.

The bus starts it's journey and I look back to see his eyes locked with mine. They stay like that until he was no longer in sight. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

IT HAS BEEN SO LONG AHHHHHh!!!! 

IM A TERRIBLE PERSON IM SO SORRY!

Hope you guys had a great holiday though! Or still having one... I don't know... XD

What do you think of this chapter??? BE HONEST!

Thanks so much for 6.6k! AH! THAT'S AMAZING AND 500 VOTES!! 

Ya'll, let's get another goal goin'. 

7K in three weeks? And maybe 522 votes???

Not hard guys! 

The beautiful cover was made by the amazing LiveLoveLaughCry

It is seriously so beautiful! 

Love you guys!!!!!!!! VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASEEEEE AND SHAREEEE! 

~Ellie <3

LiveLoveLaughCry

LiveLoveLaughCry