Chapter 24: The Aftermath

"They hate you!" Adam shouts enthusiastically. He does a short victory dance and I stand there; confused as hockey sticks being used in a game of baseball.

"Is that suppose to be a good thing?" I choke. The things they said about my parents. My heart was torn. They didn't even know them, did deserve to know them or even talk about them. I couldn't take it so I just exploded.

"Yes! All the other girls that they've met, they just hate them. But they despise you, loathe you! It's great! Man, you're a great actor. How'd you make it so real?" He thought I was acting? Acting? I want to burst inside but I keep calm, playing along.

"Um, I just did. I don't really know, ha-ha," I laugh lightly. "Can you just drop me off at home? I'm sure my grandma is worried sick,"

Adam nods and ducks into the car. I huff, a small cloud of white forming in the chilly night breeze. Goodness foodness, how could it be this cold in April? Sliding into the car, Adam catches my gaze. He holds it there before turning towards the road. He focuses on getting on the road before he says another word.

He looks tired, but also victorious. I want to tell him he's not achieving anything by what he's doing. Yet my heart holds me back from crushing yet another one of his dreams. But this time, his dream is hopeless.

"Thank you. I mean, you just really. Um-yeah thank you," he whispers. I nod towards him though I'm a little frazzled. Did Adam Carness just say 'thank you' to puny ol' me? I don't know what's up with him but something is totally off. He's just not being his normal Adam self.

"What's up with you?" I prompt.

"Nothing! Uh, nothing," He stutters. "I um-I guess I'm just excited to get to them. You know, finally." I nod. He doesn't realize that it wasn't all an act, that everything I said was true. I wanted to tell him. I needed to. I couldn't just keep playing along.

I looked into dreamy eyes, "That wasn't an act, Adam. I meant every word I said."

Realization set in his eyes and they became stormy. "Who told you?" He grunts, obviously frustrated. His jaw is set tight and his eyebrows furrowed. I shouldn't say his cousin. I couldn't say his cousin. Royal would never tell me anything ever again. I'm her friend, I can't bail her out now.

"Nobody, I just um...guessed. Did they really crush your dreams though? What happened?" I wanted to hear it from him. I wanted him to tell me.

"Nothing much they just ruined my whole entire possible career," He drags.

"What career?"

"Singing. I won this contest and was offered a record deal by one of the best recording companies in the world and my parents refused to sign the contracts. I was underage then so for it to be legal they had to sign. And they just plainly refused. So when I just told you singing was just a pipe dream and I could never achieve it, I lied because I was so close to actually achieving it."

So it was true. Not that I didn't believe Royal, because trust me, I did. It's just that it came truer and more sincere hearing it from him. A warm fuzzy feeling blossomed inside of me and chills bubbled on my bare arms and legs.

I felt bad for Adam. I felt terrible for lying to him. And I felt just plain dreadful from tonight's experience. We pulled up to Gran's house and a sad smile is sent in Adam's direction. He lifts a hand in goodbye as I open the passenger door and head to the front door. I look back once before entering the house.

--------Adam's POV-----------

I sighed as she locked eyes with me through the tinted window and I feel my heart beating a million miles an hour. How is that even possible? No, no. I will not like her. I will not like Abigail Hutches. 

But... tonight... wow. The way the dress clung to her, accentuating every single fascination of her body. The way she stood, with confidence but was still modest. When a piece of her curly hair fell into her eyes, I wanted to brush it out of her adventurous brown eyes. She gave me a heart attack every time she spoke, moved, and just simply looked in my direction. 

The way she stood up to my parents tonight, it was like nothing I've ever seen before. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. She is beautiful. 

No, I couldn't think of her that way. I had her puny little elephant that she seemed to care about so much about and she was helping me prove people wrong. That I can have a steady girlfriend. And proving my parents wrong. Actually, I wasn't sure exactly what I was trying to prove. What am I trying to prove?

I wasn't sure. But what I am sure of is that I need to get over this thing with Abigail. I was getting to far in, in too deep. I was not putting my heart on the line for some...girl. Not just any girl, Abigail. Maybe I should just end this and go out with Claire Holt or Lena Gale. 

That's what I'll do then. Because I can not be in love with Abigail. I cannot be in love. It'll ruin me if it hasn't already. I can't remember the last time I had a hook-up. I need to get her out of my mind. Need to clear my mind. Need to get out. 

I snatch my phone out of my pocket and dial Jon's number. He picks it up on the fourth ring. 

"Hey man, hook me up with someone pronto. Tell them to meet me at my house in twenty," I say into the speaker. 

Jon laughs. "I knew you couldn't stay away from a hookup for that long. I got the perfect one. She'll be there soon. See ya," He says, hanging up the phone. 

I take a deep breath and park my car on the cobblestone in front of the front doors of my home. I get out and enter the massive house. Alcohol, maybe that'll help me clear my mind. I need some alcohol.

Ten minutes later, there's a busty red head leaning on the door frame. I don't hesitate at all as I began to kiss her neck and pull her inside. 

All I was thinking was: No thoughts, no regrets. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Not edited...

I'm sorry for not updating guys! I've been super busy getting ready for school in a couple weeks, babysitting my sisters, taking care of the house, this and that. Just a whole bunch of mumble jumble. 

Well my little sister Daniella wanted to type so this is her: 

fhofkouyr775u9eikknnm,jghniw3ucmsnjhdjhgjyurjjkkkkll 

Translation: Cracker Bears (as she said) 

She did that all with her back straight, pinkie out, and eyes focused completely on the computer. She's so cute, I love her to bits haha:) 

Anyway, I was thinking...so I never really asked for critques for Elephant Girl because it's 24 chapters now and I was just like I don't want to ask for someone to do that. So I've decided, you guys  be the critiques for this story! You can either comment or PM me, whichever but I really would love what you think! 

I have to go because this little girl is acting like crazy like the insane little adorable pumpkin she is so bye!!!

Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMMMMENT!!!\

Love you guys!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

~Ellie