Chapter 35: Holy Cow

-----Abigail's POV------

We all planned to meet at the public library at 7:30. It's 7:45 and Adam and I are the only ones here.

"This is annoying. We're suppose to meet them here fifteen minutes ago and the library closes at eight thirty. By the time they get here and we get the printer going, we're not going to have enough time. Does it really take that long to get here? Two people, we're waiting on two people. Come on," I sigh.

Adam gently takes his hand and begins to rub my back. "Calm down, Princess."

I let a smile form. That nickname gets to me every time.

Imagine if I really was a princess. Oh that would be so freaking cool. A closet the size of Alaska full of intricate dresses, flattering maids and butlers, never ending balls (as in dances, you dirty minds...), a waterfall of macaroni and cheese whenever I want...

Now that is what I call a life. Not waiting in front of the public library preparing to embarrass a girl to the point of where she will remember the next day for the rest of her life.

My heart tugs a bit but I punch down my feelings, burying them in anger. Claire is going to get what she deserves. Never again will she mess with anyone. We'll mark her, we'll leave a stain of pure pain and see how she likes it. 

 A mini red cooper pulls up and through the lightly tinted windows, I can make out Lena and Royal seemingly having a small conversation. Lena parks the shining car and she and Royal both jump out at the same time. A large white tote bag swings on Lena's shoulder as they make their way over. 

"What's in the bag?" Adam asks suspiciously when they reach us. 

Lena rolls her eyes dramatically, "The papers to copy, obviously." 

"Oh," Adam pipes. I look up at him and he gives me a look. I shrug in response and follow as Lena and Royal lead the way into the library. Royal was awkwardly quiet tonight and my mind wanders to what might have caused such silence. 

Adam pulls me along as I walk confused. Royal didn't even offer up a simple hi, not a small glance in my direction. What's she hiding...? 

We pace into the bright library and Lena brings us straight to a miniature room which held a large printer and copier machine. The room was the color of puke, a green that rumbled your stomach. Why someone would paint a room this color... beats me. It looks like someone took a raw chicken and dipped it in green puke then served the chicken to people and that was the color of the people's faces when they ate the disgusting meal. 

Lena throws her things on the table that sat in the central of the room and Royal plops down into a wooden chair. Adam walks over and leans on the table as Lena says, "Okay! Let's get started! Royal, you can copy these." She drops a small stack of folders in Royal's hands. "Abigail, you can do these," she says as she pushes a bucket load of papers in my arms.

She sashays over to Adam, closing the space between them. She flicks a piece of lint of his checkered blue button front and smiles widely. "And you can do these," she says as she places the stack into is hands with gentle touch and slides her hands down, causing their fingers to brush. 

I crook my head a bit at the sight and wrinkle my eyebrows in confusion. What's going on? 

So many things began to spin in my head. Royal being distant, Adam and my relationship, Lena 'helping' us but then hitting on my boyfriend, this whole thing with exposing Claire's past...

A cloud of confusion swims around my mind for a while as I just stand still, staring out the tan shaded blinds to the dark outside. 

"Abigail! Hello? Earth the Abigail. You there?" Lena calls out mockingly. I shake myself out of lala-land and force myself to focus on the task at hand. Getting ready to embarrass someone out of their pants. 

Just as they did me. 

I instructed my arms to move, to make the copies as my thoughts continued. 

What was wrong with Royal? She hasn't said one word, not a single peep out of her lip balmed mouth. 

 I couldn't take it anymore, I had to find out what was wrong. 

I let the the pile of papers fall graciously out of my hands and forcefully grabbed Royal's arm and dragged her out of the room. She was taken by surprise, the look on her face said so. I pulled her into a free study room a couple feet away from the copier room and slammed the door shut. Royal jumped at the clashing sound of wood against wood. 

"What's wrong?" I say, staring her in the eyes. 

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong. I just feel like being quiet," she squeaks. 

"Funny. Royal, come on, what's wrong? Please, tell me. I want to help," I say softly. At these words, she bursts out into never-ending tears. I rush to her side as tears roll down her face like a gushing river. 

She sobs ans sobs, occasionally stopping to take a breath. I hold her in a warm hug, not letting go for even a second; even though my arms feel like jelly fish climbed all up in them and are just casually taking a swim in my bloodstream. 

After a few minutes, her sobs quiet down to a hushed cry. "What happened, Royal? Just tell me, it'll be okay. I promise," I reassure her. She nods as her words begin in a soft manner. 

"It's...Jon. On the night of The Bash, I slept with him. I thought it would be nothing more than the traditional fling but I felt something. Even after, when I saw him or he said my name, my heart went crazy and I felt like my brain was melting. I couldn't breath when he was near me. I was...falling for him. So I-I told him. And he laughed at me." 

That masshole. What a jerk! 

"What?! Do you want me to go cut his privates off?!" 

To this Royal lets out a stiff laugh. "Ha-ha, no, that's okay. I'm fine, really." 

"He's a jerk, Royal. If he can't see the real you and love you, then he's not worth it. Not worth it at all. He's just a piece of junk that can get run over by a car. I know Gran's neighbors have a cat with major anger issues. I can always put him in his locker," I grin. 

She laughs a little lighter this time. "That'd be funny. But I don't want to get sued." 

Oh right. That. The law. 

Who follows that these days anyway? It's the twenty first century people! Get with the hip!

"You know what. Tomorrow, you're going to walk up to him and tell him what a jerk he is and tell him that he can stick it where it belongs. Then, we're going to find you a spectacular, hot, and snazzy boyfriend to spice up your life! Can I get an AMEN!" 

"Okay... Amen!" She giggles. I hug her one last time before pulling her back out of the free room. I stop her and lift the sides of her mouth, creating a weak smile on her face. 

I nod in a laugh and walk into the nasty colored room where Lena's lips are connected tightly to Adams. 

My smiles drops. 

"What's going on here?" 

------------------------------------------------

CLIFFHANGER! 

MUAH! LOVE YOU GUYS! 

Sorry for not updating sooner. I've been falling behind in school and my parents have been drilling me with extra credit and looking for scholarships and all this ish. 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 5K! AHHHHHH! 

Like the new cover?? 

By the way...... this might get published!!! Yeah, it needs a lot of work but hopefully by the end of the year, EG will be done and ready for editing! 

Okay....

VOTE AND COMMMMMMMMMENT!!! PLEASE!!! 

Love you guys!!!! 

~Ellie <3