Chapter 17: Warnings, Shoes, And Records

On Monday, every single voice at Peaks High is talking about The Bash. Apparently, this was a big thing here. It got passed down from popular to popular.

Everyone was ecstatic about it.

Freshman were nervous, sophomores were aroused, juniors were eager, and seniors were thrilled. Either their first, second, third, or last, they were all inflamed with excitement. The Bash was something that everyone looked forward to.

But I wasn't sure about my feelings about it but excitement sure wasn't one of them. I mean, the 'biggest' and 'craziest' party of the year and I was Adam's 'leading women'. I already get death glares and threats just by holding his hand or something. It's a wild world out there.

Much like Claire Holt's face. Just kidding! (mostly)

I sat in the lunchroom with Adam, Kane, and Jon. Justin was sick or something. I don't know, I really don't care. He freaks me out anyway. Not that I don't like him, he's just so... nasty and scary.

Biting into chicken nugget, I tune into the conversation. They're talking about The Bash again. This time, it's about past experiences.

"You remember that attractive girl that drank literally the whole keg and slept with two enemies in their freshman year?" Kane says.

Everyone rolls their eyes. Jon in his deep voice replies. "We know, Kane. That was you."

She fakes surprise. "Oh, really? That's such a coincidence!" Everyone nods in annoyance and Jon glances in my direction then back at Adam.

"How many girls did you sleep with last year, three? Are you going to double it this year?" Adam shrugs.

"Nah. I might just hang with my girl."

No matter how much I tried to control it, I couldn't. I blushed majorly and giggled inside like a little girl with a crush. Oh goodness. Goodness gracious.

"Well you know, you could break the record on how many-" I see Royal and quickly pick up my tray, wave a little goodbye and drag her hand away and to an empty table before we have to sit and listen to the rest of what nasty boy has to say.

Ew. Ugh. Egh.

Royal gives me a look. "What was that all about? And what did I tell you about those shoes? They cannot be worn with that shirt, it makes the pattern look off!"

I roll my eyes. "Jon was being a perverted junkie and these shoes look fine!"

I was wearing my sky blue vans and polka dot blue blouse. It was cute and paired with a long necklace. I looked fine, kinda good even.

"Jon is always that way. He's trying to scare you off, Remember? He doesn't like his best friend not being able to hit it up at an illegal strip club with him.""

Huh. Makes sense. She did say that even before we started the agreement.

"Yeah. Okay."

Lunch was over before I knew it. And school ended soon also. Today felt like a speeding NASCAR driver trying to win the Superbowl. Or was it the World Cup? I'm not really sure...

I don't do sports.

I began to stroll towards Adam's 'baby' as he calls the Ferrari when two high heeled divas block my way. Ugh, then again.

"Heard you're going to The Bash Friday. Since this is your first bash, I guess you don't know much about how it runs." Claire spits in my face.

"Well, I don't really care so-" I tried to push past her but Lena stood there like a wall blocking my way.

Lena speaks next. "Well, Claire always gets the hottest guy at The Bash. This year, she's got her eye on Adam Carness."

Claire jumps in. She glares at Lena and looks back at me.

"Exactly. And you better not get in my way. Or I'll have to just cut you out of the picture completely."

"And how exactly would you do that?" Claire smirks.

"I like to do research."

She and Lena waltz away and I roll my eyes, heading over to Adam's car.

Research? What did she mean by research? I was confused the whole way home. Until I was in bed because I'm stupid like that.

Crap. Mom, Dad, Grab, Ellie. Every secret I have she could expose. And there was nothing I could do about it.

_________________________________

Not edited. Sorry, my Kindle is the stupidest thing on the planet.

I hate this chapter, it's short and kiddish. But it's the only thing I could whip up at the moment, sorry. Better will come, I promise!

Any who, I'm just waiting for a cover for Beauty in 3.0 Miles so yeah.

Ok, well I gotta go wash my hair because I have pool hair so see y'all later!

Vote!

LOVES!

xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxo

~loverofwriting97