Chapter 36: All Used Up

------Abigail's POV---------

"What's going on?" I state, disbelief bleeding through each letter that leaves my lips.

Adam shoves Lena off of him with force and stares at me, his eyes wild. Lena cleared her throat and presented herself with a sweet, oh so innocent smile.

Adam speaks up quickly, "Abigail, I swear... It wasn't me, she-she just attacked like some kind of crazy lioness! Princess, please believe me. I wouldn't hurt you like this. I wouldn't hurt you at all. Believe me!"

Lena scoffs. "Please. Abigail," she says directed straight at me. "He's your boyfriend. I would never do something like that to someone I'm trying to help. I just lost the love of my life, why would I hit on some other girl's guy?" She says with a tone of innocence, batting her eyelashes to seal the deal.

I'm suddenly conflicted. Not knowing which side to lean on. Adam does have the record of a complete player, hitting on every girl he can get his hands on. But he's changed; a lot. I wouldn't expect something like this from him. I trust him.

But then, Lena could be right also. She just lost her boyfriend. The quote an quote 'love of her life'. Yet, that is a pretty stable reason for her actions of kissing someone else's man.

My head began to spin.

Lena stepped toward me, leaning in to whisper quietly in my ear. Her voice was slick as a snake as her words registered one by one.

"If he did it once, won't stop him from doing it again. He's a player, he will always be that. Remember that, Abigail, before he shatters your heart even more."

My heart felt like it was being used as a punching bag in a boxing gym. Blow after blow hit me hard. I wasn't sure who or what to believe. I just needed time. Time to think.

"Um-" I begin, sound finally coming. "I need some time. Just... Give... I need to go." I rub my forehead and blow out in frustration.

Adam intersected, "Abigail please! You don't even have a ride! You have to believe me."

"I'll walk..."

I suddenly got struck with an idea.

"I need those," I say as I walk over to the printer. I grasp as many papers of Claire's life and stuff them into Lena's bag. I swing the bag over my shoulder and give Adam one last look before I walk out the door.

--

I'm have almost reached my destination before a bumblebee yellow car pulls up beside me.

"Abigail, it's dangerous to walk out here alone. Especially in the dark. Please get in the car and let me explain."

I shake my head and continue walking down the slick concrete.

"I know you want some time to think but please just let me explain! It wasn't my fault this time!"

This time, I thought to myself. What about the other times? Was it not you fault there also? Or maybe next time it won't be your fault. Maybe it'll be Sally's fault, or maybe Andrea's.

"Please Princess-"

"Adam, please. I just need some time to really think this over okay?" I speak up.

Adam huffs and nods, his brown curls bouncing in effect. His chocolate eyes shine in the darkness, as he watches my every step. He slows his car down to a skittering slide and I can feel him watching out for me.

I finally stop once my foot steps on House 42234's long, gated driveway. I buzz the button stuck on the brick wall and a deep voice barrels through the speaker.

"What do you want, kid? We don't want any of your Girl Scout cookies so run along home."

Really...

"No, actually. I'm here to see Claire Holt."

"And what about, miss?"

"I'm here to discuss something with her that's very important. Something that could potentially ruin her life, her parents life and careers, which will leave you with no job so then also ruining your life."

The man clears his throat and the gate buzzes, allowing access to me. I step onto the shimmering red bricked driveway and pray that I'm making the right decision.

-----------------//:-------------------

CLIFFHANGER!! And a really short chapter, yikes haha.

Sorry............

I'll update soon, I promise.

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Love you all!

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for everything you guys do:)

~Ellie

(Yes not edited sorry...)