Chapter 9: My New Do

·

·

·

·

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

Adam and I texted for ten minutes maximum when he just gave up. The texts were so confusing the way he was typing them, I couldn't get what he was saying. Instead, he called me and we talked until 1 am.

There was a lot to go over and we did get off track a bit. For example, the topic was on what I'm suppose to do at parties and we ended up talking about what kind of dog would Cleopatra have. Or how I'm suppose to act around his friends and we someone started arguing about if trees were considered alive or not. By the way, they are.

It was a lot of take in, I'm pretty much changing who I am. It was crazy indeed. I had to be different around everyone. Bubbly yet quiet around his friends, quiet and polite around anyone related to him, snobby and rich around girls who want him. It's a weird mixture and I'm defiantly not snobby. At least I don't think so. I don't know, am I? Hopefully not.

But I had to do it. To get Ellie back. And because it was fun. Adam can be really cool when he wants to be. He's a jerk and all but he's great. To some degree.

At about 1:30 my Gran pounded on my door yelling, "Get off the phone! No late night boyfriend calls!"

I could here Adam chuckling on the other side of the line. Though he couldn't see, my face turned red as a dark blood rose. That's embarrassing.

I yelled back making sure Gran and Adam heard loud and clear, "He's not my boyfriend! He looks like a sitting duck with the face of a bull's butt!" Adams laugh rings through the phone and again, I turn red.

Truth is, and you all know by know, Adam was a total hottie. A total hottie that could make a million gazillion dollars as a model in just a snap of a finger.

We said our classic goodbye, with insults bursting through the roof like rapid volcano. A grin falls on my face as I fall asleep.

I woke up the next morning, stretching as the sunlight burning through the window threatens to crisp my already tan skin. The sky looked blue and soft as a baby's blanket and the clouds looked like Jiffy Jumbo Marshmallows. The ground was like piped sugar grass and the birds sang along with the waltzing trees. It was truly a beautiful day.

Adam insisted that he has to pick me up, since that's what couples do apparently. They go in the same car and all that ish. Glancing at the text he just sent, I have ten minutes until Adam picked me up. Flute flowers with prickly pines, I needed to hurry.

Glasses were thrown onto my oily face and a pair of sun kissed torn jeans were roughly shoved up my legs. My pajama shirt was an tattered looking Captain America t-shirt. I didn't bother changing it and slipped on a pair of cerulean flip flops.

Hopping over to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth quickly, making sure to get all of the bitter taste out of my mouth. My frizzy uncontrollable hair was pulled into a crappy ponytail with frizzies pointing out in every single place. No makeup today I decided. It was either breakfast or makeup. What do you think my choice was? I just told you so you know...

A loud and piercing honk hollered into the house as I sprinted back upstairs to get my bag and- I was going to say Ellie. But she's not in my possession at this moment. I frown in sorrow.

This is why your doing this whole thing, Abigail. At least I think so.

I gallop outside, yelling a 'goodbye!' to Gran who was watching MTV on her treadmill. Opening the door to the snazzy bumble bee Ferrari, I slide inside fancifully (I like that word). "Seven Hearts" by Jazzy Monogram.

"Hey," Adam says flipping a stray lock out of his eyes, his curly russet hair was messy and his chocolate playful eyes were alive and bright. His medium pink lips curled up into a grin and his long nose twitched as he did so. I never noticed it before but it was quite attractive.

"Hi," I say, suddenly shyness flaking through my voice. He looked amazing while I was sitting here looking like crap.

"You ready?" I took a breath and nodded. Changing a numerous amount of myself just for him.

I mean, for our agreement.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I quiver. Usually, because I'm crazy and don't really care what people think, I wasn't nervous about almost anything.

He seemed to nod but then notice something. As if he had forgotten something major like his kid at the park and he just now remembered. Except, not the kid part. At least I don't think so...

"I forgot to tell you last night, you sort of need to tweak your choices of clothes and fix your hair. Because to be honest, you look like a hot mess." I give him slanted look.

"Fine, Ill start that tomorrow." He shakes his head. Wait so does he want me to change or not? Make up your mind mister!

"I asked Royal if she could fix you real quick." There's Royal again. I really wonder what's going on between them. If they're ex's then why are they doing favors for each other? This is really confuzzling. "We're stopping by her house before school."

I look at the clock on his dashboard, 6:30. Are you kidding me? I never wake up this early! And yet here I am.

I must've not looked at the time when Adam texted me.

I immediately question Adam and he just shrugs his broad shoulders. He grins as we pull into a blue shuttered, white picket fenced, mediocre sized family home.

You could tell a family lived here, by the presence of joy and warmth you get just by parking in the driveway.

There were no cars parked except a red Ford Escort, which was obviously Royal's by the Peaks High sticker tattered on the back. Her parents were probably at work early so that they could come home early at exactly six sharp. Royal took her ten year old brother to and from school and much spent quality time together. They would all gather around the table at seven and enjoy a joyful meal and time together. They were a happy family.

I wish I had that.

We both walk to the door in awkward silence and Adam rings the door bell. It makes a gong sound and I hear hurried steps pounding down a staircase. The tall red framed door swings open to reveal Royal in splattered paint jeans and a oversized heart sweater. She looked amazing as usual.

She gave me a face and grinned slightly, "Phew, I didn't know you needed this much help! Let's get started before we don't have time to do anything," ushering us in.

Now I'm scared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys, yesterday was rough, sorry for not updating. Valentines Game deleted itself, the cover I had for my new story was all messed up because my sister got into it, it was super hot and Brazil was being stupid.

But thank God Germany won because if Argentina had...there would have been no more author for this story. Kidding, kidding! I love you guys too much!

I guess this is a long chapter, I don't know, you're the judge. (not edited) It's short. I don't know.

Anyway, Love you!

email: loverofwriting97@gmail, I love covers, banners, trailers, whatever!

Vote, comment, do your stuff:D

Ok, I'm tired. Night! Kisses<3

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

~loverofwriting97