Chapter 2: New Friends, New Trends, And An Open Secret

Chapter 2: New Friends, New Treads, And An Open Secret

·

·

·

·

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

The ten minute bus ride left just enough time for my hair to get hard, nasty, and sticking out everywhere. Much like a teenage guy with...never mind...

My glasses were pooled with frappe and my clothes were sticky and smelled of a sugar high. First day of new high school on the east coast and look at what I look like.

I look like a freakin' banana! Thank you Brent Rivera for those words of insulation and wisdom.

I'm looking at my phone screen trying to utilize it as a mirror when the bus comes to a sudden halt and my face makes contact with the seat in front of me. Great. Just great. I already feel a massive disgusting bruise forming on my medium sized forehead.

Everyone practically runs over each other trying to get off the bus (why? If it was me, I'd be pushing people in my way to get off first so I would have less time on school grounds). But then I notice why. The bus driver, overweight with wispy Asian eyes and striped red hair (why? Just why?) is starting to blast up old country music and is unwrapping a Chipotle burrito. Crapiola with donkeys and hula hoops on top. I have got to get off this bus before this guy makes me sick.

I finally get off after shoving about four people (gotta do whatcha gotta do. It's like taking a poo at your boyfriends house) and I sprint into the school searching for a bathroom.

Once I successfully find one, I rush inside and take a look at my horrifying appearance. Oh god, ew.

The first task I completed was my glasses so I could actually see myself. There, now I'm no longer blind. Secondly, I grab a brush from my bag and with the stick with bristles and gallons of water, I style my mess into a lousy ponytail with piles of frizzies making their home on my hairline. Lastly, I practically took a bath in the sink, rinsing out my clothes with paper towels and the hand dryer.

Taking a breath, I composed myself, attempted to pull the frizzies behind my ears, and walked out of the girls bathroom as if nothing had happened.

I followed some students, trying to see where they were going. After following about five, one finally led me to the

Main office. It wasn't like I didn't want to ask anyone, I just didn't want to ask anyone, you know?

I stood in the doorway awkwardly not knowing what to do. An older lady with careful eyes and paper white hair finally noticed me and gave me a warm smile.

"Well hello darling, what can I do for you?" She asks with a fragile voice.

"Oh hi. I'm new here and I have no idea what to do..." I say strangely.

"Oh well! I can help, I'm Ms. Canvas the secretary. You must be Abigail?" I nod and smile politely. "Ok, you grandmother sent over the classes you were attending at Sunny High and we just transferred them here so you have to same schedule. Except for art and math. Those have been switched due to overflow in classes. Anyway, your locker is 2000 which is right down the hall and so is your first class. Lunch is at 12:45 for sophomores and school is out at 3:45. I hope you like it here at Peaks! I'll be here if you need anything, oh! And here's your packet. It's got the map and everything. Have a good day!"