Chapter 8: Explinations and TACOS

Chapter 7: Explinations and TACOS

·

·

·

·

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

"I'll have..." I tap my finger on my chin, deep in thought. These decisions are the hardest in life. I have to make the right one. Do I want a Cool Ranch Dorito Taco? Do I want a Mexican Pizza? Should I just go with the classic ninety-nine cent soft taco? What about the cinnamon twist, should I get those too? Or the Brownie Sandwich? It's crazy, but I live for these kinds of decisions. Food decisions.

"You know what? I'll have a Cool Ranch Dorito Taco, a Mexican Pizza, two soft tacos, cinnamon twist, and a brownie sandwich. Oh, and can I have all of the tacos soft?" The cashier nods, not surprised by my large amount of ordering. She probably has to deal with way worse.

"Thanks," I say with a kind smile and hand over a crumpled twenty dollar bill. I wasn't going to eat it all. I'll have some for lunch tomorrow. And dinner. Gran will cook some kind of guacamole burrito with spinach and I'll sneak it in the trash and eat tacos.

She rings it up and lays out her hand with my cup and change. I grab my cup and shake my head and smiling, I tell her to keep it. Adam rolls his eyes and he orders a Gordita Supreme. So simple. He's such a bore.

We both get our food at the same time and I thank the worker while he just walks away. Goodness, he can be so rude sometimes. I bet they spit in his food. I wouldn't doubt it for a second. I fill my large plastic cup with Pepsi (though Coke is so much better) and Adam fills his with Mountain Dew.

We find a tattered royal purple booth and slide down our trays. We're sitting across from each other, staring into each other's faces. Unwrapping my Cool Ranch Dorito Taco, I take a bite and chew while he stares at me. I shrug and give him a wild look.

"Are you going to eat? Or just stare at me like I'm from Planet 51? I know I'm insane but I think eating a taco is normal."

His laugh rings without the whole store. "Says the girl who just ordered three full meals." That makes sense...

"Well, I've had an eventful day and I'm hungry, so don't judge me. Anyway, now that I'm thinking straight again, why are you changing up the deal?" His russet brown eyes shine from the sunlight streaming in from the window. His strong jawline looked sharp and his brown locks curled into perfect little circles round his ears. I noticed I was staring and I quickly refocused on my food.

He looks at me thoughtfully. "How do I put this," he thinks. "Ok, I need to prove to some certain people that I'm not a total jock player. That's one of the reasons. And other things but I don't think you would understand."

"Aren't you though? A player, I mean?" He rubs his neck with his broad hand and lets a breath out.

"Well, I mean. I don't like jump from girl to girl. Yeah I have a good time but I don't push them into doing it. It's their choice." I gave him a look, much like the ones he gives me; "What? Hey, what would you know about sex? You're a virgin remember."

"Yes, I remember. And I'm pretty sure of my choices. I want to wait for someone special." One strong nod was given after I say that. I wanted to wait. Nothing would change my mind. But I didn't want to really talk about it anymore so I decided to change the subject.

"So Royal kept saying that something had happened before and that's why you needed a fake girlfriend."

"Yeah, well, Royal knew everything about me, well she does know everything. It's complicated."

"A lot of things are," I reply.

What if he and Royal had history? Like dating history? Maybe that's why she knew everything and she was saying all of those warnings. So my best friend and apparently new fake boyfriend (even though I haven't agreed yet) are ex's? This is all so confuzzling.

He flips a piece of soft hair from his eyes and grins. His grin was loose and comfortable. "So what's with this whole Ellie thing? It's literally a piece of crap held together by a few strings." My face tightened at his last phrase.

"Don't call her that. And, it's complicated."

He nods and replies, "A lot of things are."

I smile shyly. He smiles back. "So, um...we can start this thing tomorrow?"

"Yes because people are so going to believe that only after a week we're taking it steady," I say in a sarcastic tone. He shrugs.

"We're in high school. People believe the stupidest things." True.

"Okay. Well, I gotta go. I have to explain to Gran why I was in jail. I'm not really sure how the conversation is going to go." He chuckles. I really don't know how Gran is going to take it. She'll either kill me or murder me. Either way I'd probably end up dead and grounded.

"Okay, see you tomorrow. I'll text you the rest of it tonight. Bye, Abigail." He says waving as I get up with my bag of tacos.

"Bye, Adam." I was about to leave when I realize I don't have a car. I slump back into Taco Bell facing him. "Um, I don't have a ride..." He looks confused but then has a face palm moment.

"Oh, yeah! That makes sense." Adam says, getting up. We get into his fancy car and I tell him the address of Gran's house. He drives at ease and drops me off ten minutes later. I slide out of the car with a goodbye and he drives off. I watch the car move swiftly down the road and sigh.

I tip-toe into the house but Gran is leaning on the counter of the marble kitchen. She has on a forest green t-shirt and yoga pants (I don't know how but whatever). She immediately rushes over. Gran starts with the 'oh sweetie, are you ok?'

She pinched my cheeks and ruffled my hair. "I'm okay Gran, I'm okay."

"Good! Now go to your room, your grounded. Love you," she demands, kissing my forehead. I roll my eyes and climb up the stairs. I shut my door and fling my body on my fluffy bed.

Four hours later, my iPhone 4s buzzes at ten o'clock when I'm putting my glasses in their case. A text comes in from Adam.

Hey, you up?

Yep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

So I guess this is pretty short too, I don't know. Not edited, so, sorry.

I promised you guys I would try to update. I will try to, pinkie swear. Also, I kinda stink at writing long chapters so again, I'm sorry:(

Love you guys<3

Vote, comment, do that stuff:D XD

oxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

-loverofwriting97