Chapter 22: Confessions

-----------Abigail's POV------------

Adam dropped me off at Royal's house as soon as he got out of the shower. It was almost two and I was starving so we took a little stop at McDonalds first. I had sobered up-or whatever they call it-in the shower.

I was high, ugh I can't believe it. My daddy would not approve. I feel ashamed, lightheaded, and confused. Oh and hungry. Yeah, I was really hungry. It was also that...time of month...so I craved chocolate chip cookies as if they were water in a desert or oxygen in space.

But in the mix of the hot mess, I was meeting Adam'a parents tonight. Which was completely and utterly terrifying. Like how am I suppose to act? Do I act polite and not say a word? Do I act proper and make active conversation? Do I act like a ghetto person and wear stripper clothes? No wait, scratch the last one.

I really don't want to be a stripper who's ghetto. I really don't.

I sigh as Adam I wait for Royal to open the door. I can hear the pounding of her feet down the stairs. The door flings open and Royal stands there, looking a little...lost? Sleepy? Awkward? You know what I mean.

Her raven hair was toppled up top her head and her striking blue eyes looked moldy. She was in pajamas and she looked at me like a zombie.

"Hey," she groans, like 'what in the world are you doing at my house while I'm trying to sleep?'

"Um, we're suppose to get ready for tonight? You know, meeting Adam's parents and all..."

She gives me a confused look. "Oh that was tonight? No wonder Adam's not in my room puking his eyeballs out," she yawns the last word and gestures for me to enter.

I follow her up to her room and she takes a sip of the Coke bottle sitting on the dresser. She holds up a finger, signaling for me to wait and she drags her feet to the bathroom in the hall. I hear as she splashes water on her face, trying to wake up. She emerges from the bathroom looking alive again.

"Okay! I think I got this, he-he. But-if anything goes wrong...sorry," She apologizes ahead of time. Okay, now I'm scared.

"First lets do your nails!" She brings out a large bucket from under her bed brimming with nail polish. My jaw hangs as I stare and about five gallons of nail polish.

"Oh my pickle jars! How do you have so much nail polish?"

"I'm a little addicted, it's nothing really!" Now that's an understatement. Not as much as the 'Elsa this is getting out of hand' understatement but still a strong and swinging one. Royal began to brush the midnight blue polish onto my fingernails and gave me the eye.

Oh no.

"So? How was last night with you know... I heard you two slipped out of sight before midnight. Did you, you know, do it?" My head snaps in her direction and I feel my eyes widen at her question.

"No!" I squeal, feeling my face become it's own fireplace. You could make smores on my face right now. Burnt smores; my face is so red and hot. Royal switches from her criss-cross applesause position to where she is laying on the floor, legs up in the air, chin resting in her hand and paying close attention.

"So! What did happen?"

"Nothing! Much..." She giggles and demands me to spill with her ambitious eyes. I roll mine. "Well, this morning I woke up to his face and I was tangled in the sheets with him. And then he was sort of nice to me. And then he gave me these clothes to wear because I'd showered, hence why I look like a hobo..."

She laughs, begging me to go one but I shake my head. But then one more thing pops up. "Um, I kinda was singing 'Dear No One' in his shower and when I got out, I heard him while he was showering singing the same song but he had changed the lyrics,"