Chapter 26: Diagnosed with Heartbreak

-------Abigail POV-------

My voice was choked up in my throat and tears blinded my eyes. My ears didn't register anything besides the crackling thunder and beating rain. A horrid sob escapes my lips and as I hold the remains of Ellie in my hands. My heart ached for it was broken, torn to pieces and ripped to shreds. I couldn't breath. Air was lost and my head felt light.

My father. What was left of my father was gone. He was gone. He was...gone. I choke through another sob and lean my head down into my bent knees. What kept me together, the string that held me together was now covered in mud and mangled and ragged.

Now I was completely broken. My father was dead and what I had left of him was destroyed. My mother never bothered to call or write in her complete solitude. The guy I love just slashed my heart and soul.

My body shook uncontrollably in the intense bitter rain, chills blossoming over my skin from the icebergs plummeting against my body and heart. I open my mouth to cry out but nothing but cries come out.

How could he? He promised, he promised! We had a deal. I held up my part, he didn't. It wasn't my fault he had a mental breakdown and couldn't take it. 'Look who's having a breakdown now,' my mind taunts. 'It probably was your fault. Look at what a mess you are.'

I am. I am a mess, a complete and utter mess. My legs and arms are splattered in dirt and muck. My hair was dangling, like a soggy mop drooping off my scalp in a floppy way. My jeans and purple sweater were soaked through with dirty water. But it didn't matter. All that mattered was the stuffing and grey fabric tangled in my complicated and pruny fingers.

It was as if my whole world was turned upside down. Things were fine, or so I thought. I thought I was finally getting over it but now I see I was healed; not at all. And he just made it worse.

"Adam," I whisper but the words no longer feel sweet rolling off my tongue. They feel like bitter curse words. Like how you would speak the words terrorism or rape. They felt venomous and torturing.

The sky putters down to drizzling sprinkles and I cough, still shivering and cold. I lift my head and peer into the shadowy sky. It feels like I've been here forever, on my hands in knees grieving over such a loss.

Others would laugh. Adam would laugh. He probably is laughing. Laughing that I'm so distorted over a silly elephant. But it wasn't some silly elephant. That was my dad. My dad.

Adam was so angry that is parents left him, crushed his dreams, and made him some little robot. But what about mine? My parents were dead. One was mentally dead and one was in at the bottom of the ocean. And he just destroyed my only possession left of my father.

I should be angry. I should be the one angry. He ripped me apart. I should be wanting to slash his throat, stop his breath. But I didn't. My heart was in so much agony, I couldn't focus on that.

I just needed to get home. I pulled out my phone but I could barely call Gran with water sliding all over the face of it. I dialed the number and pressed it to my numb ear. She picked up on the third ring.

"G-Gr-Gran?" I stuttered into the phone.

"Yes sweetie? Where are you? Aren't you suppose to be at school?"

"Got out early," I lie with no problem. Wow, that's a first. "I'm at some park off Stringfellow, can you come get me?"

"Of course. I'm on my way," She speaks into the phone and hangs up. I wobble out of the mud and with the remains of Ellie in my hands, I stand. I suppose I look like some kind of crazy zombie person about to eat a little child. With the back of my hand I attempt to wipe my dripping nose but end up with mud striped on my face. 

With each step I take, I quiver and sway. My mind wasn't thinking straight and I could hardly see in front of me with my blurry eyesight. Where are my glasses anyway? I whip my head around to search but wet mud was all my eyes could catch. 

I shiver in my drenched clothing. My body was freezing in the biting cold. It wasn't the temperature but the rain was numbing, cold as the Arctic. I felt like I was in Alaska winter with no coat. I felt suddenly very weak, my legs stiffing up. 

As I continued to trudge towards the entrance my breathing became shallow and slow. I felt like someone punched me in the stomach and left me breathless. My eyes hunt for a resting place when a fuzzy muggy raw green bench comes into view. 

Approaching the seating, I double over as my breath tries to catch itself. Pain and weakness shoot through my stomach and muscles. I couldn't move anymore, my knees hit the deceased grass first. 

It was as if my mind stopped. What was I doing at a park, all wet and soggy? What happened to Ellie? Why was she all ripped and tattered? 

I see a red car pull into the parking just as my head slams onto the ground. I see Gran running towards me and her yelling on the phone before my eyes shut, everything going black. 

-

I wake in white sheets and a blue striped gown. Gran is standing, towering over me with a worried expression painted onto her face. I gently lift my head and look around. Wires surrounded me and an IV was in my arm and white walls boxed me in. Was I in a hospital? What happened? 

"Hey, Gran," I croaked. She gives me a small smile and rubs my head, pushing my hair back. 

"Hey sweetie," she whispers. "You okay?"  

 I nod. "What happened? Where's Ellie?" I ask, referencing my elephant. 

"You have hypothermia, Abigail. I have no idea what you were doing in that rain, dear one!" I shurg because I have no idea either. "And," Gran begins with a sad voice, "I'm so sorry about your elephant dear." 

She places a tattered Ellie in my hands. My heart sags and my mind clears. Adam. Adam did this. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. Not edited. I'm so sorry for not updating. Everything was going literally insane in my house. Anyway, so yeah. I'll try to make it up to you guys! 

Thanks to my bae FanGirlDiva! She's amazing :) She made the trailer on the side! Or top or whatever!! Check her out!

Also, I asked for a graphic cover and I got amazing ones! Thanks to everyone who made me one! The list is as following:

@Littlemixerxoxoxo

@Fractured_Moonlight 

@TheNyctophiliac 

@hemmeocean

@sparksofmadness 

@TaurusBlue

@Nerdyo-o

@wonderless- 

@destroying_

Check all of them out! They're all awesome :) My new cover was made by @TheNyctophiliac so check her out! She's amazing:) 

The one on the top, side, whatever was made by @wonderless- so check her out too! 

Okay, I'm going to try to update more but school starts tomorrow so wish me luck and just pray that I have time! 

I think that's all... Not sure... Oh! Tell me what you guys think so far of Elephant Girl! Please, please, please I really need some feedback! 

Ohh! And Elephant Girl got #996 on the Humor list! But now it's not:( So keep voting guys!! Please!

And it's a new month! I want to maybe get 2k on this story in one month? Goals are good! Okay help me get that goal!!! Loves!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Okay, love you guys! 

Xoxoxoxoxoxo

~Ellie