Chapter 14: Fainting Beauty

·

·

·

·

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

"Wow, you look like a hot mess," Adam says with a pointed look on his face as I entered his eyebrow raising car. My eyes squinted and my face slanted in his direction. He made his perfectly innocent look with his heart taming eyes.

"Let's just forget you said the mess part." He winks and sucks his teeth.

"Whatever, princess." Princess? Since when did that happen? I blushed at the thought and his eyebrows crinkle in confusion.

Shaking my head, my mind gallops searching for a reasonable excuse to my burning face. I just guide the subject otherwise.

"I couldn't sleep last night, hence the terrifying view of my face." He questions why and I tell him the truth.

"Bad dreams and too many thoughts." He nods, seemingly understanding as the fellow human he was. I wonder what Adam's nightmares and his overwhelming thoughts are.

Maybe he's afraid of spiders or heights. Or unicorns and sleeping alone. Maybe rainbows and butterflies.

You never know...

And maybe he thinks about what his future would be like, or what how next football season will go. Maybe he thinks about a new ride he wants or his next or last one night stand.

Maybe he thinks about me.

You never know... But yet, I know. The way he walks, talks, moves, breathes. It could and never will be for me. Adam Carness is the kind of guy that could care less if he broke a girl's heart.

He wasn't looking for love, he was looking for a good time. And that was the complete opposite of my wishes. My trust and desire wasn't going to be wasted (I like it better when we're wasted...Love that song) in a guy who just wanted to play around.

Though, my trust is partially already in his welcoming hands. My word of promise already on his inviting lips. My heart already sewn onto my sleeve.

I sighed.

My head began to spin and I stopped it by dryly swallowing a couple Tylenol that I quickly snatched from my bag. Phew, it was like I was trapped on a never ending merry-go-round.

I wasn't a huge fan of merry-go-rounds. The weirdly shaped animals were like bouncing horse sticks. And your butt gets stuck with the hard plastic practically sticking up your butt. And then the music is like a death march. Then it just goes round and round and round. Ugh, it's terrible.

When I don't sleep, I get sick. Like, very sick. My mind and head start playing ring-around-the-rose with my body. My throat gets red, itchy, and intolerable. And my stomach battles World War 3 with itself.

And it begins. I can hear the crumbling my stomach and it feels nervy and nauseous. The puke threatens to come out but I shallow it back each time. Gross, Abigail. Disgusting.

Adam parks and we both exit his car. Entering the dungeon, I start to feel a massive uneasiness in the pit of my stomach every time I took a step.

I winced as I unlocked my combination. Adam have a concerned look but I just shook my head and grabbed my history things. He pulled my fingers into his and squeezed while framing his classic grin.

He walks away and I turn around, holding my stomach. I blow out and zombie walk to Mr. Sarson's classroom. Lena passes by me in a rush, pushing my shoulder in. She seems to screech to a stop.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm so clumsy sometimes." She has tears in her eyes and her face looked full of hurt.

"Are you okay?" I croak out. She looks me in the eyes, recognizing me. She gave me a look and spits her reply.

"Why do you care?" She stomps past me just as Claire clicks into the history classroom in a cool mood. I wonder what happened.

My stomach is still churning when class it's over. I head over with Royal to my next class when I take some more Tylenol. It doesn't help much. Hopefully some lunch will fix it.

When we're dismissed for lunch, I hunch over to the table. I'm given looks by everyone and I wave it off. They all continue eating.

The pain and nausea only got worse by the second. A million objects moving. So much sound. My eyes couldn't follow them all. Too much going on at once.

My mind couldn't stay still but my body could and it did as I slumped out of my chair, my head hitting the cold floor. Ouch. I saw a million faces, but only Adam's was clear close to my face.

Then my eyes closed, blocking my view of pure bliss and beauty.

__________________________________

Hola! So, chapter 14-done.

Funny/fun fact: I get sick when I don't sleep and can faint if I'm really sick and nauseous. And because I'm an evil writer, I wanted Abigail to feel my pain! (MUAHHAHAHAHA!!)

Yeah....awkward...

I'm gonna be on vacation choir the next two weeks so please don't expect constant updates! Also currently writing Beauty in 3.0 Miles, so be on hold for that soon.

Any who, vote, comment, do your stuff :D

Love you guys!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

~loverofwriting97