Chapter 7: Singer and Savior

·

·

·

·

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

"How in the world did you get in jail?" Adam practically yells as he enters the station. I gave him a backwards smile, the kind you give your parents when they ask you if you did something and you're just like "yes?"

"Well, I kinda took my Gran's car and she didn't renew the license plate and I was driving with my license from California that wasn't registered in the Virginia database or something. Blah, blah, blah. And technically this is your fault." He gives me crazed look with eyes of a bull.

His voice was so loud, people from in the other rooms and halls were looking in. He really needed to chill. Take a chill pill jill and don't kill mill. That didn't sound as good as I wanted it too. But whatever.

"How is this my fault? I just paid a hundred dollar bail and got a court date! For what? For you! My goodness, lets go. I'm hungry." For me? He did it for me? For a second that warms my heart but then my mind puts me back in check.

He needs me for our deal. My heart shriveled but then perks back up at the thought of food. Yum, food...

Adam waits, very impatiently must I add, until the hairy officer unlocks the bars. I felt free again. Like that scene from Gone with the Wind. Where the lady runs into the hills with all the goats. Yes, much like that.

Adam literally drags me out of the station, my feet dragging on the ground all the way to his fancy car. He throws open the door and slams it once he's inside. I quietly get into the passenger seat, trying not to make a sound.

I need to be quiet. I have to be quiet but the laughter cannot be contained. I explode like a confetti cannon, laughing until my jaw and stomach hurts. His face seems to get redder and redder by the second.

"Why are you laughing?" He spits angrily. I shake my head and try to speak through my laughs. I sound like a dying sea lion trying to speak.

"I-just-I-don't-haha-know-its-just-ah-so-funny-hungry!" He's so confused and weirded out, he just begins to drive. We pass little houses and shops and the whole time, I'm trying to control myself.

We pass a small park and I look out the window, while still laughing. But my laughter dies down as I think about my dad. My dad and I used to play at a park behind out house right before he was deployed. It will always be a great memory.

"You okay laffy taffy?" He asks. I nod with tears stinging my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good." I turn at his horrible pun and nickname. "Laffy taffy?" He shrugs and I laugh.

It's suddenly very silent. And awkward. So I press the radio button and the station I had earlier comes on. "Summer" was playing and I couldn't help but turn it up.

I rolled down my window and opened the top window, without permission from the car owner. My flying frizzies began to tango with my glasses and face. I began to sing and dance very awkwardly, looking at Adam through the corner of my eye.

He was rolling his eyes like they were bowling balls (which doesn't make sense but that's ok!) and sighing.

"We fell in love, as the leaves turned brown! And we can be together baby..." I shake Adam's arm and say, "Come on, let loose, have fun! Come on!"

He rolled his cocoa eyes (AGAIN) and rolled down this window.

"WHEN I MET YOU IN THE SUMMER!" He sings. He sounds just like Calvin Harris, he sounds amazing. I have an okay voice but his voice could melt someone in less than a minute.

"You have an awesome voice! How do you do that?" I ask, turning down the radio a bit. He chuckles slightly before replying.

"Thanks. But I'm rusty. Not that great."

"That was your rusty? I can't imagine what you at your full potential could be at! Have you ever thought of pursuing music?" He shrugs and gives me a thoughtful look.

"I guess, when I was little but those are just pipe dreams." I nod, understanding. I wanted to be a lot of things when I was little but their all pipe dreams, I know I can't make them come true.

But Adam? His pipe dream is reachable. It makes sense. He's so good at it.

"What do you want to do with your life?"

"Engineer. They make a lot." I gave him a face. "What? It's a lot more realistic than becoming a rock star. What do you want to do, huh?"

"A teacher. Always wanted to be one."

"They don't pay much." Adam prompts, questioning my choice.

"It's not about what you get payed, it's about how you impact people's lives. How you give them something that they will have forever and they'll never forget. Their faces when they come back ten years later thanking you for the impact you made on their lives and their hearts. Sorry..." I say blushing as we pull into Taco Bell.

He chuckles and replies, "Nah, it's cool. Your passionate about something. That's cool." I feel my checks flush a dark crimson red. "Anyway, lets go talk about this deal over some tortillas and beef."

I frown at the sudden reminder but smile at the thought of tacos. I love tacos.

---------------------------------------

I wrote this on my phone, sorry about the grammar:(

Hey, so I decided to split this part in half since it would be really long. Sorry about the shortness but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Vote, comment, do your stuff:D

I don't know if ill update tomorrow, family is coming in...I might try to write it in the morning and post it then. Ill try I promise.

Ok I'm pooped.

Love ya'll!

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

~loverofwriting97