Chapter 18: The Bitch Stole My Journal

Thursday morning, I woke up to a strong breeze beating my face. My four paned window was open and my curtains were flying in the wind.

I uncovered myself from my purple comforter (I like to change my comforters, hence from green to yellow and now purple) and looked around my room.

My closet was open, my clothes and boxes all over the ground. Someone was in my room last night.

SOME CHICKEN MAN ROBBED ME!

I searched around, knowing who probably did the dirty work, looking for the one thing the person would take. My hands couldn't find the book and my heart jumped out of my chest, panic ranking in my chest.

SOME CHICKEN MAN TOOK MY JOURNAL!

Or was it more like Claire Holt and Lena Gale took it. Oh, she said she likes doing research. Research, with my own personal journal. It was filled with secrets and embarrassing stories.

Oh goodness. Oh my. Oh bikini bottom.

I have a freak out moment and hop in place like a mad women. Like I have a bug on my head. I don't like bugs.

I close my window and calm myself, breathing deeply. My phone bleeped, signaling a text from Adam saying he's outside and to hurry my butt.

I throw on a pair of white jeans, a green sheet tank, and flats as quickly as possible. I brushed my teeth while attempting to brush my hair into a braid. The braid was suckish as I pulled out my makeup bag and shameful put on shakey eyeliner and mascara.

I look like a hot mess, subtracting the hot. I sprint out of the house yelling a goodbye to Gran. I don't know whether to tell her or not so ill just decide after school. So my bag and phone in hand, I hop into the car.

"Why do you look like your puppy just ran away?" Adam asks.

"Because someone was in my room last night," I say, my voice shatters. It sounds scarier when the word actually come out of my mouth. Like bro, someone was creepily in my room and from me.

"Woah, Princess. I thought you were gonna wait, at least until The Bash. Who's the guy huh?"

Wait did he think...?

"No! No, no, that's not what happened. Someone broke into my room."

Adam considers it. "Well, did you call the police?"

I shake my head. "I don't think they would believe me. It's whatever. I'll just get some extra locks for my window."

He shrugs. There's something in his eyes that's off but I ignore it, knowing not even to bother. When we arrive at school, Adam and I head to our English class holding hands. It feels oddly good even though I know it's just a game, a deal.

I get the daily death stares but Claire Holts and Lena Gale only give me smirks. Anger and panic welled up inside of me. I have to get my journal back. Now I have two things I need to get back. Make that three.

Ellie, my journal, and my self esteem.

We sat down in English and I listened as Mr. B began to discuss the genre of non-fiction. Adam looks back at me and passes me a note.

It read: I need to talk to you.

I wrote back: Okay. Lunch, raping classroom.

I hear his small laugh at this. I blush. Stop, Abigail.

Lunch time came along. Royal was absent so I just walked alone to the classroom. Adam came almost running, obviously frustrated.

That look in his eyes as he slammed the door behind him and rubbed his face with his hands. He paced back and forth and finally threw himself down in a chair.

"What's wrong?" I promoted.

"Nothing. Just my fucking parents decide to bring their damn asses to town after three months of not even a phone call."

Oh wow. He must really hate his parents. I didn't bother to correct his language.

"Okay. So what does that have to do with me?"

"Saturday, the night right after The Bash, we're having a fancy dinner."

"Sounds fun," I say, trying to lighten the mood. It doesn't seem to work. In fact, it seems to do the opposite.

"Fun? Fun my ass!"

Okay then.

"So, anyway, tomorrow..."

That lifts his head a bit and he shakes his head.

"I'll pick you up. I'll tell you tomorrow."

"Anything specific I'm suppose to do?"

He scuffed. "Um yeah, just be my girlfriend. Do what everyone else does. Let loose, have fun."

Fun. Yeah.

The more he talks about what to to, the more I want to puke. God help me.

_______________________

Nothing, I did nothing!

Not edited...

Vote! Please!

Loves!

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

~loverofwriting97

__________________________________

Not edited. Stupid Kindle.

Sorry if it sucks:(

But vote please:)

Loves!

xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

~loverofwriting97