Chapter 27: She's here

Abigail's POV

"Abigail how are you feeling?" Doctor Moe asks. I least that's what I think his name is... I don't know. I have freaking' hypothermia like give me a break! 

"Fine," I speak in a rusted tone. I still felt weak and cold but I wasn't about to let this ugly pirate looking man know that. He takes his large, and mind you, hairy hand and begins to feel around my face. You know how uncomfortable this ish is? Because waffles it is. 

I wanted to slap his hand away but he'd probably give me more meds for anger issues. And if I have to swallow one more pill, then I'm going to stuff the pills down their own throats and then we'll see who has anger issues. Obviously me because, hello, I'm the one who stuffed it down their throats. I mean, doesn't anyone believe in gummies anymore? What has this world come to? 

Doctor Toe shakes his head and writes something on his fancy looking clipboard. He locks eyes with my Gran and purses his lips. Then he places his attention back on me. 

"Well, you're getting there. Slowly but surely. But your little trips from your room to the cafeteria aren't helping. Especially when you're going in those thin slippers and hospital dress. This room is specifically the temperature your body needs right now," Doctor Soap says with a pointed look. 

It's not my fault I get so hungry. And it's not my fault that the brownies and ice cream are so good. And it's not my fault they make things so cheap and wispy here that you can practically put your hand through them.

 I just nod my head in response and Gran asks, "When do you think she can be released?" 

Doctor Foam shrugs his shoulders and raises his eyebrows. "Not sure. She was out in that rain for about four hours and then she didn't get here until about two hours later, that was a pretty long time. Her body needs to consume all that heat again. Her body believes it's about twenty degrees out so it's using all of the heat that she needs. That's why she needs to eat and drink hot food, not ice cream and needs to stay in this room," He says, looking directly at me. 

Excuse me sir? I can't eat ice cream? And for your information, those brownies were hot. I make sure to roll my eyes dramatically. 

"But other than that, I say a couple more days. A week at the most. We need to get her body back to normal and her blood pressure has been acting up lately so we'll have to check that too. Feel free to contact her school and they can send over any work for her." 

I groan at this and ask roughly, "Are you done yet? Because it's almost lunch time and I'm starving so unless you want me to run down to the fifth floor again, can you go?" 

Doctor Joe huffs and he and Gran share a look. He turns and leaves just as Grans phone rings. 

She fumbles around for it, picking it up on the last ring. She attempts to keep her voice down but there's now use because we all know these ugly yellow walls echo majorly. Her voice is in a low whisper but I still hear clearly what is leaving her mouth. 

"Yes, yes. Are you here? Okay. Room 48H. Yes, yes. Okay," my Gran spoke into the phone. She ends the call and jumps a bit when speak. 

"Who was that Gran? Who's coming?" Gran looks at her feet. I raise my eyebrows in suspicion. What is this old women hiding? 

The door creaks open and I turn my head expecting one of the nurses or Doctor Hoe. My eyes widen and my chest rises as my eyes meet the unexpected. 

My voice squeaks, "Mom?" 

--------------Adam's POV--------------------

I couldn't sleep. The night before or now. I skipped school today because for once in my life, I couldn't take the attention. I couldn't bear it, or myself. She hated me. 

How could I do that? How could I do that to her? I was evil. I was a terrible person. I am a terrible person. 

I should be happy. I finally got this over with, her out of my life. It was done and I should hook up, drink, party. 

I didn't feel like hooking up, or drinking, or partying. My body was completely sucked of energy and life. My legs could hardly move me from the couch to the kitchen to the bathroom. So this what teenage girls feel like during a break-up? Except, we didn't break up. I just broke her heart. 

My phone rings and I decide to pick it up on the fourth ring. "What?" I groan. 

Claire Holt's voice slurs through the receiver and I roll my eyes. Can I ever get peace and quiet, especially from this girl? 

Her voice was drowning in concern, at least she made it seem that way and she sprinkled sexy onto it to seduce me. "Hey, Adam. How are you? You weren't at school today and I was wondering if you were sick or something? I could always bring over a care package..." 

A care package? Really? This girl thinks she's the smartest thing in the world doesn't she? 

"No thanks... I'm fine. I'll be at school tomorrow." I had to go. Because if I didn't, questions would arise. 

"Great! I'm so happy that Abigail won't be there. I'm so glad you guys broke up. She deserves to be in that hospital being such a slut and all. Anyway, now we can  give 'us' a chance!" So the word had got 'round all ready. I told Jon so he could tell everyone and- 

Wait what? She's in the hospital? 

"Abigail's in the hospital?" I ask Claire and she exclaims with an excited voice. 

"Yep! She was in there today and I think she might be there for a little bit longer." 

"How do you know this?" 

"Oh well my cousin is one of the nurses there and she spills everything!" 

Abigail. In the hospital. Oh God. What have I done? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sup? (Not edited sorry...) 

What'd you guys think? Tell me, tell me. 

School started again so I won't be updating like every day but I will try try try to update, I promise! 

I GOT #799 ON THE HUMOR LIST LIKE AHAHHAHAHHA CHICKEN BALLS I COULDN'T EVEN TYPE WHEN I TOLD MY FRIENDS OR ANYTHING AND IM JUST LIKE BOOM LIKE YEAH!!!!!! LIKE ARE YOU KEEDING ME? I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

So anyway, tell me what you think of this book so far? Anything you want to happen? Are you trying to guess what's next? Tell me, tell me guys!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!! Please guys! Help me stay up on the list!! 

Remember, 2k for September is our goal! We are in this together! WHAT TEAM? ELEPHANTGIRLWILDCATS! 

I've been thinking... do you guys have any ships names? Because I can't think of one! You guys tell me what you want!! 

I'm gonna put up a new story so watch out for that! Wow, I made that sound like a bad thing... but it's not!

Okay, I love love love love you guys!!! 

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

~Ellie