Chapter 12: Apple Throwing

·

·

·

·

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

Adam sits in his deluxe car waiting to pick me up again this morning. I couldn't help but blush at the sight of him through my window.

I sighed, and half grinned. Relax, Abigail, this is all part of the deal.

Adam is sitting there, playing a game on his phone. His crazily curled hair is in loops and his brown eyes scream humor and adventure. His pink, soft lips plead for another to touch and are turned to say hi. Black sweats hung off his hips and his Peaks High sweatshirt was loose on his buff body.

He looked...fascinating.

His long neck snaps up and catches me looking at him through my curtains.

I can hear his ringing chuckle and I vigorously drive my purple curtains closed. He just caught me staring at him point blank. Ok, I really need to stop.

I can't and won't have feelings for this guy. Look at what he's making me do. Look at what he did. He has Ellie. That's why I'm doing this whole thing, to get Ellie back.

He teases me. But he doesn't know the truth. The truth why I need that stuffed elephant so badly. So many sleepless nights without the touch or scent of my father. For so many years he was there, I had at least a small memento and now I have nothing.

It was unusual and harsh to my heart and soul.

I carefully step down the staircase, watching every move to make sure I don't tumble on my face.

Royal had sent me what to wear in the text she sent this morning and one of the requirements was a pair of cute navy polka-dot wedges and a dark skinny jeans that were folded to my mid-calf. A navy blouse tied at the bottom hung on my chest. I had no idea you could pair these things together to make this amazing outfit. I'm a bit in the nutshell as you can tell.

My hair was straight and in a half up do. Make-up was plastered onto my face like another skin but I made sure it was light.

I was told by Adam and Royal that I have to order contacts soon. I'm not really looking forward to to it because I've had glasses since I was five and I have black marks and pimples under my eye from wearing them forever. It's not pretty.

My bag was hanging on my bag and I run into Gran in the kitchen while trying to grab a brownie. Gran stops me and grins.

"Finally! Looks like that boy has done good to you!" I begin to shake my head and tell her the truth but she doesn't need anymore lies and tragedy in her life.

Her husband cheated on her during the Gulf War, her only son-in-law got killed, her only daughter is in rehab and she has to pay for an extra mouth to feed.

Gran tries to connect with me and be that friendly motherly figure in my life since my mom is in rehab but we're too different. She wants me to be the football star's girlfriend, the prettiest and most popluar girl in school, the one that gets famous one day. She wants me to work out and care about what other people say and think.

But that's just not me, and it never will be. Though this whole thing is seemingly making me into that person. The person that I never wanted or want to be.