Chapter 25: Shattering Hearts

·

·

·

·

------------Abigail's POV---------------

·

·

·

·

Monday, oh Monday how I hate you so much. You make me want to puke and pull out my gut. And then... Crap, what rhymes with gut? Oh! And then make me go to Pizza Hut!

I really didn't know what to do for the ten minute ride on the bus. Yeah! The bus! Can you believe it? Adam texted me this morning that he 'didn't have time' to pick me up. And he didn't make contact with me at all yesterday. He simply just ignored my texts and call Saturday, yesterday, and this morning. I didn't really understand.

I mean, I thought maybe we were friends. Maybe we could've been more. But he was just being his egotistic self, him being the Golden Boy and all. Yet, when he was with me, it was like he wasn't that at all. He wasn't the Golden Boy or the player or a little robot son or anything. He was just...Adam.

I-I liked him. Did I? My heart stops every time I see him, my mind swirls, and my soul shakes. Control was not in my vocabulary when he was in a ten feet radius of me. Phew, chicken balls this is hard stuff to determine! Or maybe it's not that hard. Maybe it's quite simple. Like one plus one. Or ABC.

I like him. I like Adam Carness. The way he makes me feel like I'm riding on a cloud or my heart is flying. My mouth curls into a smile. I push a hair behind my ear when a loud and crackling thunder sounds from the dark clouds. Yikes, such a gloomy day for such an amazing feeling.

Would I tell him? Could I tell him? I don't know. I wasn't sure. Does he feel the same way? Would he even consider feeling the same? These questions pondered in my mind for the rest of the ride to death and until I reached the threshold of the school doors.

I take a deep breath and step into the normal cacophony of high school. How am I suppose to act? I mean, I've been acting like I'm his girlfriend or whatever but how am I suppose to act now that I actually want to be his girlfriend? The horror of how things could turn out made me shiver.

Breath, Abigail, breath. One step at a time. One step at a time. One step at a-

Holy Crapiloy. How the heck am I going to do this? He's practically strutting over, making every girl in a five mile radius prone to fainting. A unbuttoned blue plaid shirt and white tee, dark jeans, and a pair of shining Jordan's. His locks curl around his ears and his brown eyes make me want to drown in my own drool.

He stops at my locker, not bothering to smile, wave, nothing.

"Hey," I breath. "What-"

"We need to talk," He growls. I crinkle my eyebrows in confusion.

"Sure. We can talk after school at-"

"No. We need to talk now," He says and yanks me by the arm. He slams my locker and drags me along with him. I whimper a bit at the pain shooting through my arm because of how hard he's squeezing my arm. His target seems to be the side doors because he's making his way over there, pushing and shoving everyone who is in his way.

Adam pushes Jon who was in the way and but he just laughs.

"How was last night bro?" Jon nods. Adam looks back, loosening his grip on my arm a bit.