Chapter 31: Burritos Make Me Loco, Or Is It You? Maybe It's Both.

------Abigail's POV------

I have no idea why I'm here. Why I'm sitting in a tattered old purple booth at Taco Bell with a big burrito in my hands. Now don't get me wrong, I know beyond a shout of a doubt why I have this burrito. But I wasn't really sure why I came here in the first place. 

My heart told me to come so I came. 

How did I even know that he was talking about here? We didn't really have a 'place' so I wasn't sure. I guess I sort of guessed it was. 

 I'm great at answering my own questions, aren't I? 

The door swings open to reveal a sweaty and panting Adam.

The cashier yells the mandatory, "Welcome to Taco Bell!" Adam ignores her and paces right over to the table. He plops himself down and attempts to catch his breath. I push my Mountain Dew towards him and he hesitates before taking a small sip. 

Sweat beamed on his forehead and dripped down his chin. Why was he looking like a wet hot mess exactly? I shake my head as his breath heaves into a slow steady pace. I look into his dark chocolate eyes. 

"I didn't think you would come," He slightly panted. I shrug. 

"Me either. I mean, you broke my heart, my trust, and Ellie. Why would I even want to see you again? And forgiveness? PffYeah right!" 

He looks down and purses his lips. I continue, "And then you have the nerve to show up to the hospital for something that was completely your fault and apologize? Right in front of my mother and Gran who thinks you're the devil's spawn by the way. And then you think you know me and know all about my past right? Because you sure as hamburger don't, boy, sure as hamburgers getting burned on the grill." 

I stopped. Adam shifted his body and looked at me with sorry eyes. Oh goodness. Those eyes are going to be the death of me.

He opens his mouth and his words slip, "I just-please, give me chance to explain." 

I sigh. I gesture with my hand for him to continue. I did just make him feel like he ran over a puppy so I guess he deserves a chance to explain. I'll just eat this burrito while he does so. 

He begins but I stop him. "Wait, wait, wait. Why do you look like you just spent the whole day in gym class?" He shrugs. 

"My car broke down and I didn't know if you would come or not so I ran. Ran to you." At this my insides feel suddenly warm and tingly but I ignore it. "What about you? How'd you get out of the hospital?" He prompts.

I stick the bottom of my lips out and tilt my head side to side. "I have my ways. Okay so I broke out of the back entrance. Now, I didn't come here for nothing, did I?" 

Adam laughs and mumbles something I can't hear before continuing where he began. 

"So I guess... I guess I should start. Where should I begin?" He asks himself, stroking his chin. "So I guess I should begin when this whole thing started. When you dropped your Ellie I saw it as a chance to have my own little fun with a slave sort of. I don't know, I could get you to do the things I didn't want to do. Though that didn't work out well for me," He chuckled to himself then continued. 

"So as I saw that, my parents were coming into town and my friends were joking that all I liked to do was hookup and that I could never keep a stable relationship I thought, 'hey this new girl thing could work.' Anyway, you know all that. But as I got to know you more and just spent more time with you... I found myself falling. And falling hard." He took a moment to take a breath and a sip of my Mountain Dew. 

"But I was scared. Afraid, deathly afraid, of how you were making me feel. Like I was in a completely different world and life, like I could just be me. Not Jerk Adam, or Son of a Witch Adam, or Player Adam." I laugh at his substitute of the curse word. "I could just be me. Adam. Nobody understood me like you did, or got my lame jokes, or saw across my surface. You looked deeper and found me. Something I haven't been able to find for years." 

I blush. I brought Adam back? I feel like a zombie slayer ya' know?

"But I was so confused, confused about you. Why were so open but yet there was something that held you back from things. A part of you that was so closed off and covered in caution tape. The elephant, the journal, everything. When Claire copied those papers from..." He hesitated.

He didn't know that I knew about the journal. I nodded, telling him with my eyes that I knew and that he could go on. Adam nodded and pulled at his thumb. 

"I understand now. Understand about your dad and mom, and that dang elephant," he says with a playful grin but drops it at his next words. "I shouldn't have done what I did. I'm so sorry," he says with sad eyes. "Your father was a great man, Abigail. I did some research, and I just wanted to let you know that he would be proud of you." 

Tears spring into my eyes and he laughs lightly with a soft voice. "No, don't cry," he smiles. I crack a small smile and he grins. "Look I have something for you." 

Adam reaches into his pocket and searches for something. He pulls out a small gray PEZ elephant that hangs on a key chain. A tear spills over as he places it onto my palm. "I know it will never replace Ellie, or your father but I thought maybe you could-" 

I cut him off with my lips crushing on his. It was quite hard to kiss and lean across the table but at this moment, I didn't mind the table stabbing me in the stomach. All I could focus on was our lips moving in sync and the passion oozing out onto our tongues. 

The cashier whistles and I internally laugh. 

It was perfect. This was truly and remarkably perfect. 

Our lips broke and I slide back down into the booth. He looks at me with his bright eyes and whispers, "So am I forgiven?" 

"I guess..." I giggle. 

"I love you," he whispers. 

"I love you," I say back, beaming at him and staring into his entrancing eyes. I just wanted to stay here forever. 

-----------------------------------------------

HEY!!! I'm so sorry for updating late! Won't happen again, promise! And edited next time!

WE REACHED OUR GOAL OF 2K AND 200 VOTES!!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!! 

New goal?? Let's see, how about 250 votes (Elephant Girl has 235!) and 2,060-2,100 reads (It's 2,045 right now!) Until the end of September?? Maybe?! Yes! We can do it! 

So are you guys happy? You want so more drama? Because I GOT SOME MORE DRAMA! 

Okay, VOTE AND COMMENT!! 

Cover by @TaurusBlue !!! I don't know if I already posted it but !! Thanks to her!

Love you guys so much! 

Xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo 

~Ellie