Chapter 15: They're WHAT?!

·

·

·

·

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

"Hey, Princess. I knew you were tired but you didn't have to fall asleep on the cafeteria floor." Adam says as I lift my head from a fluffy white pillow. I look around and see I'm laying in on Royal's couch.

Her living room was garden scheme, green floral everywhere and vases filled with fresh daisies. It felt peaceful here, even with Adam the hurricane here. Royal stood close beside him and my heart dropped.

"Yeah, sorry to disturb you guys. If you were like, doing couple things..." Royal and Adam just stood there, on obviously shocked. Then they both burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Adam was holding his stomach and Royal leaned against the wall trying to hold herself from falling to the ground. I just sit there in bitter confusion. What?

"Adam-and-I" Royal attempts through laughter but can't finish. Adam finishes it for her, "Are-cousins!"

Gerbil carrots. Gerbil freakin' carrots! I am so stupid. So stupid.

Of course they're cousins. Of course they are. Of course!

I want to slam my head continuously on a metal wall. But at the same time, I want to jump off a cliff in happiness. Though, I'm not really sure someone would want to jump off a cliff when they're really happy. That would be really stupid. But I think we've already got that fact down, I'm pretty stupid.

He's single and not interested in anyone! Well I don't really know if he's interested in anyone but I know he's single. Because he's dating me. Fake dating but still. Or maybe he isn't single and he's just trying to show off to his girlfriend. (mental sad face).

Or not. You never know. I don't have his mind (thank God) so I can never really know. No matter how much I wanted to.

The laughter doesn't end. Frustration bubbles up inside and I push myself off the couch. Woah. Dizziness spins the room and Adam stops immediately and rushes over. He steadied me and a pinch of concern rings in his voice.

"Woah, hold up Princess. You have a really bad fever and you already fainted earlier. Nurse said that when you get sick you are capable of fainting and you did so she sent you home."

"So why aren't you at school?"

"Ditched. And nobody could get a hold off your parents. Or grandmother."

I sink inside at the mention of my parents. One was dead and one was in rehab. That's why you couldn't get a hold of them. I considered telling him the truth but it wasn't the time or place. Also, Royal was standing right there and I haven't even told him about Ellie yet.

"So, Princess. You gonna tell me why you stayed up all night and now your so sick that you can't even walk?" I grimaced.

"I already told you, bad dreams."

"About what?"

"Things."

Adam looked at me thoughtfully. Shrugging, he played it off like he let it go. Yet, I knew he hadn't. He wanted to know why that dumb elephant was so important. He wanted to know why I had bad dreams and thoughts. He maybe wanted to know made.

Maybe. There are a lot of maybes here.

"I kind of want to go home." I silently say. Royal nods and pulls me into a soft embrace. Adam leads me out the door and onto the driveway where is car is parked.

He helps me side in and though I don't need help, I don't resent him. I was perfectly fine besides my fever, but it felt good to have someone helping me.

We drive in silence, no bickering, no insulting, nothing. When we arrive, I open the door and get out. As I'm making my way to the dpoor, Adam's window is down and he's shouting.

"Hey, Princess! If you-you know-ever need anything..."

I smile at his sudden shyness. I nod.

"Yeah, thanks. You know, I should start calling you Prince Charming if you keep calling me Princess."

He laughs his magnificent laugh, "I don't think I'd be a very good Prince Charming." Now it's my turn to laugh.

"I beg to differ."

_____________________________________

Hello internet peeps! HOLA!!!!!

(No edited) (short, you should know that).

So, I have Wi-Fi now and food, yay!!!!!!

Royal and Adam are cousins, expected?

You have to know something about me. I LOVE roller coasters. So, I love twists:D I getcha when you least expect it! (MUAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!)

I'm EVVVVVVIIIIILLLLL!

Vote, comment, do your stuff! <3

Love you guys!

xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

~loverofwriting97