Chapter 16: Planning, Salad, And Wanting Cookies

·

·

·

·

---Abigail's POV---

·

·

·

·

"Hey, Princess. You're not going to go all sleeping beauty on me again now are you?"

I sigh. He's asked me that now every time I've entered his car for a week now.

"Why? Do you want me to sleep a hundred years so you can kiss me?" I say sweetly.

"No, I want you to sleep a hundred years so you'll shut up." I let my mouth drop in sarcastic hurt and place my hand on my heart.

"And thou had me thinking thou wereth my Prince Charming," I say in a slurring, horrible old English accent. He chuckles.

"Prince Charming my ass." I gave him a look.

"Prince Charming my marshmallow," I correct him. He rolls his eyes and mocks me. I see him eye me out of the corner of his eyes and I shiver.

I was wearing my hair straight again, a black headband sweeping my hair back to my hairline. I was wearing a pair of khaki shorts and a light link rose blouse and a gray backless cardigan. Pink flats hid my toes from light and I only had a bit of lip gloss and eyeliner on.

It was an uncomplicated look, cute and sassy. I liked it. I hoped Adam did too. I mean, I don't care if he does or doesn't. It's whatever.

We were on our way to Chick-fil-a (thank GOD it's not Sunday!), to meet Jon, Justin, and Kane. Royal was invited but she had to babysit her brother.

They were apparently going to talk about some party. I was demanded to come, something about being Adam's girlfriend. I don't know, I didn't catch it.

The car stopped and the red and white heaven invited me in. I could smell the fresh (well, not so fresh and quite greasy) meat frying on the indoor grills. The waffle fries letting off salty steam. The frizzle of soda pop fountains bubbling in the air.

Ah, this will be the death of me. But I'm okay with that. As long as I go down in a chasm of chicken sandwiches and waffle fries.

Jon, Justin, and Kane are waiting in line when they wave us over. Well, Justin and Kane do. Jon just stands there sulking about and eyeing me down in hatred.

He and his deep green eyes mixed with hazel look at me like I'm the most disgusting and horrid thing to be alive and walking on this entire planet. What'd I ever do to him?

I forget about him when Adam places his hand on the small of my back. He pushes me forward, shoving my right in front of the cashier. It's my turn, yay!

I felt like a little fat kid in the candy store. No offense to the fat kid. Just sayin'. Hey technically, I'm a fat person on the inside. It's just that all the food mysteriously disappears somehow, I don't know.

Being Adam Carness's 'girlfriend', Adam said I had to not eat as crazily unhealthy as I usually did. My eyes searched for a reference of help when I spot Kane paying for a small miniature green all leaf salad.

Sighing, I order a small salad and water. This is a lot harder than I thought. Maybe I'll sneak a cookie when we leave.

My order rings up and I gather up the green air stuffed into a plastic bowl covered with a clear cap. Ewing jwing. How can people eat this?

It's like eating tasteless grass that a million people stepped on New York City. Nasty. I stare in envy at the males, all devouring heavenly chicken sandwiches and extra whipped milkshakes.

Oh how I could slash Adam's throat and obnoxiously handsome face. To pieces, I tell you. To pieces.

They start discussing some party that's being helps next week.

"So, Jon. You hooked the bar with the best right?"

"Yeah. My brother found this store that doesn't even look at ID's. It's gonna rock."

"Kane, you got rid of the cops right?" I almost did a spit take on that one. Got rid? Like killed? Ooh...

"Ugh, yes. I flirted with them and had to hook up with like five of them. Hairy chests are so not my thing but it was kinda awesome because older men know what their doing." Fortification filled my mind and I coughed to get its off that subject.

"So what exactly is this all about..." I ask. Three pairs of eyes stared at me with a look of bewilderment plastered upon their faces.

Adam just laughs it off to explain.

"It's called The Bash. It's the biggest party of the year and we host it. Everyone's invited and it's where people cross things off their bucket lists, do things they have wanted to do, all in all do whatever they want. But it's mostly about getting drunk, dancing all night, and losing your virginity."

Oh this party sounded just pleasant didn't it?

"Oh by the way, you're coming so expect craziness and pure awesome."

Oh yay. This just gets better and better. What's next? Do I have to wear lingerie to it also?

"Oh yeah. That would make it even better. With a sexy body like yours, I would mind if you hit it on in your birthday suit." Snap crackle pop I said that out loud! I'm so stupid.

I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder. "You wish."

He wiggled his eyebrows and smirked. I wasn't sure if he was doing it for show or if he was just being Adam.

After an hour of discussing things that do not need to be shared, I dumped the full salad into the garbage. I was starving.

I poke Adam's arm and tell him I'm going to the bathroom, that he can go wait in the car. I wait until they leave the restaurant and I see Adam get in the car.

I skip to the cashier and order two chocolate chip cookies. I stuff them into my bag and walk out as if both if nothing ever happened.

He turns the ignition on and backs out. He speaks before I can.

"You got cookies didn't you?"

I pulled them from hiding and took a gigantic bite, almost inhaling it.

"Yep."

________________________________________

Hola! (not edited, short, whateves XD)

The Bash.....do you think anything's gonna happen? ':)

Anywhomans, vote, comment, do your stuff!

LOVES!!!

xoxooxoxoxoxooox

~loverofwriting97