blueprint | minchan

ship : minchan | minho x chan
genre : fluff
type : storyline
relationship : couple
status : not requested
(this is a chapter from my other book hoodie! it is played during their middle school days and heavily inspired by the recent blueprint unveil mv)

--•--

blueprint

"do you think you can come?"

chan covered his phone with his sweater paws as he peaked out of his room to see if his mom is home or not. he heard the door being unlocked and smiled. "yeah, my mom is home. i'll ask her. i'll get back to you later, okay?" he replied to the person on the other line.

he hung up and went out of his room to approach his mom. the middle aged woman turned to see his son all dressed up in an all-white attire, and that got her confused. "hey, channie. what's wrong?" she asked as she sits down on the couch, patting the space beside her for chan to sit.

chan's dimples appeared as he waddled his way to his mom. at this point, his mom has probably guessed that chan wanted something since he was acting extra cute that day. "can i ask for your permission?" he asked. "for what, exactly?" she responded, her hand reached out to ruffle her son's hair.

"can i go to the beach with minho and the others today?" chan asked as he slowly looked down and connects the tip of both his index fingers together. it was silent for a while and he thought his mom was angry, but she was just admiring her son's adorable personality.

"of course you can, the beach is not that far." she replied, gaining not only a smile from chan, but also a bear hug from the younger. "thank you so much, i love you mom!" he exclaimed, pulling away and quickly ran back to his room. his mom chuckled, happy seeing chan having fun with his friends. she almost dismissed the fact that her husband had threatened her once again to bail him out. shaking her head, she put the thought aside and focus on her kids wellbeing instead.

chan got on his bed as he dialled minho's number. once the other line picked up, he could already tell chan was excited. "i got mom's permission, i'll be there soon!" he exclaimed. "no it's okay, we'll walk together." minho offered, and chan agreed.

after several minutes passed, minho finally knocked on chan's door and the two hugged. surprised to see both changbin and seungmin there, chan went over and gave them a hug too. they planned on wearing all white for today because seungmin said it's 'for aesthetic reasons' as he wanted to take pictures with his camera.

it was 6pm and the four boys walked to the beach. they planned to stay a bit longer to watch the sunset and spend more time together. chan was of course content with that thought, happy that he could spend the weekend with his best friends and boyfriend.

the beach was fairly empty, just a couple people here and there taking a walk and the boys took the chance to play a game of tag. chan ended up getting tagged and he swiftly ran to catch the other boys. he was fast enough to grab minho's shirt while the boy is running backwards but he tripped on a rock and fell, his body on top of minho's.

the two stared at each other for a while before a wide smile appeared across both their faces and a fit a giggles was heard from them. changbin and seungmin were both dumbfounded to see the two rolling on the sand, giggling like a bunch of dorks as they hold onto each other.

seungmin have taken a quick snapshot of the moment and smiled at the picture. chan and minho looked so adorable in it and it was clear that there was love in the air. changbin also saw it and smiled at seungmin. they were both happy seeing the couple happy and having fun, leaving any other problems out of the way.

as time passes by, they realized the sun is setting very soon. they've taken several pictures here and there and now it's time for them to sit together and watch the breathtaking view. changbin had spotted some huge rocks on the seashore not to far from where they were.

there were two rocks in particular, so they split up. minho and chan on one rock while the other two on the other rock. minho got up first and offered his hand to help his boyfriend up and they finally took a seat beside each other.

seungmin prepared his camera to take a picture of the view but when he turned to the side, he saw chan has comfortably laid his head on minho's shoulder and they look extremely cute together. he took the chance to capture the moment so he could keep it in his album. changbin also saw the two and smiled softly. he knew he did the right thing bringing this two together as a couple.

the sun finally started setting and the boys stared in awe. "it's so pretty." chan mumbled out and minho slowly turned his head to face chan with a small smile stuck on his face. the older looked back and their eyes locked. "you're prettier." minho said, earning a cute giggle from chan.

"don't be ridiculous." he said, trying hard to ignore the fact that his cheeks started to show a very subtle tint of red. minho chuckled at his boyfriend's attempt to ignore him, so he ruffled his hair before pulling him closer. chan didn't push him away and laid his head on minho's shoulder once again.

chan was very happy. he wouldn't know what it would be like if he still waits for changbin and not accept minho's confession. it is safe to say that this is the best decision he ever made in his life. he now understands that all his heart ever wanted was someone that loves him like nobody else would.

minho on the other side also feels extremely content. he could never express how thankful he is to changbin for getting him together with chan. his feelings toward chan is undeniably strong, and he doesn't think it will get lesser anytime soon.

"i love you, and you only."