scar | hyunho

ship : hyunho | hyunjin x minho
genre : angst
type : storyline | soulmate au
relationship : couple
status : ship requested by MIYOO45624617

in a world where whenever you have a serious fight with your soulmate, it will leave a huge physical scar somewhere on your body and will only disappear once you made up with your soulmate.

scar

hyunjin glanced at the clock on the wall. his eyes followed the minute hand as it moves from one tick to another every minute, but his mind kept wandering somewhere else.

it was past midnight and minho hasn't come home from work yet. being an executive manager for his father's company had taken all his precious time with his boyfriend. he kept on working day and night, being under the pressure of keeping up with his family's pride.

even though he explained everything to hyunjin, the younger has always doubted him. he thought that minho was only using the 'working overtime' excuse to get back home late on purpose. he doesn't know why, but he felt like the older is avoiding him for no apparent reason.

"i'm home."

as he heard the familiar voice from the front door, hyunjin broke his trance with the clock and quickly stood up from the couch. he looked over to the door to see a very tired minho, but he doesn't feel like buying that lie today.

"you're late, again." he spoke, catching the other's attention. minho sighed as he took off his shoes, almost tripping on his feet. he was extremely tired today, he didn't get enough sleep and had to wake up early for a meeting and haven't slept since.

"i told you, i had wo-" before he could finish, hyunjin interrupted. "you had work to do? do you not have any other reason? my ears are bleeding from hearing the same fucking excuse everyday. i'm not buying that bullshit, not today." he scoffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

minho was already in a bad mood today but this only made him furious. how could hyunjin say that all his work is just an excuse when that's the only reason he abandoned his own health and self care?

"are you really bringing this up again? i thought i made it clear that i have a job and i have to fulfil my responsibilities. which part did you not understand?" he replied as he walked closer to the younger, his eyes filled with nothing but annoyance.

"responsibility, you said? then why didn't you fulfil your responsibilities as a boyfriend? don't you think that's a bit unfair?" hyunjin scowled, knitting his eyebrows together as he challenged the older.

minho was taken aback by what he said. hyunjin is right, he should've considered his responsibility as a boyfriend. but even if he tried to, his work keep piling up every single day and he eventually would have no time for hyunjin at all.

"look, i'm sorry okay?" minho gave up and decided to apologize first. "sorry? you think it's that easy? the scar from our fight last night is still here and all you did is just say sorry?" hyunjin lashed out, projecting anger by raising his voice.

"then what else am i supposed to do? kneel down and beg for your forgiveness? i already said sorry last night yet you were the one who wanted to keep the scar by ignoring my apology. i did everything i could to fix this, but that hardheaded attitude of yours is making it harder for the both of us." minho fought back, raising his hand which he then retracts slowly.