attention | seungjin

ship : seungjin | seungmin x hyunjin
genre : fluff
type : storyline
relationship : couple
status : not requested
inspired by a seungjin art piece from a k-stayartist @ practice_sh on twitter !

attention

hyunjin wasn't at all excited for the upcoming week. of course, who looks forward to exam week anyways? plus, he couldn't care less about anything at this point. he was an average student, and he didn't think improving himself would change anything.

but sadly, he's different from his all-rounder boyfriend.

seungmin loves studying. wherever you go, you would probably see him reading something or watching some videos related to his studies. sometimes hyunjin questions how they still got together despite their different interests and personality.

as for today, since seungmin wants to study, hyunjin thought it wouldn't hurt to join him. but to be clear, his reason is purely about spending time with seungmin and of course, not studying. i mean, a study date is pretty cute, he thought silently.

when he reached the library, he could already see the love of his life looking as gorgeous as ever. hyunjin admits that seungmin looked the most attractive when he's studying, it makes his heart skips a beat once in a while. while trying to be as quite as possible, he walked over to the table and waved at the younger.

seungmin flashed a sweet smile as he greeted hyunjin, pulling out the chair beside him so that the older could sit. "i missed you." hyunjin whispered once he took a seat on the chair. the younger snickered and replied with "i know." and nothing else.

hyunjin is used to seungmin's witty personality and he honestly love that about him the most. you would think that seungmin is the cute, nerdy boy but you haven't seen how he actually acts when he's in a relationship. imagine how surprised hyunjin was when he found out seungmin's flirtatious side when they started dating.

seungmin is starting to focus on his work again and hyunjin was already so bored. he glanced at the equations written in his lazy handwriting and could feel his head spin. why would anyone look at these questions and feel the need to solve a math problem? he really can't understand.

"argh, my brain hurts." he groaned and slid his arms on the table as he puts his head on top of them. hyunjin turned his head to look at seungmin and a smile grew on his face. to him, watching seungmin study is much more entertaining than studying by himself.

"minnie, i'm bored." he said, trying to get seungmin's attention. he knows the younger can hear him, but he always pretend not to just because. hyunjin frowned and turned his head to face the other way, feeling a little sulky.

seungmin saw this and just smiled to himself. he loves teasing hyunjin and making him sulk because he knows exactly how to comfort him. before hyunjin could catch him looking back, he turned his attention back to his book, pretending like nothing happened.

"hey kim seungmin, at least give me a kiss, hmm?" hyunjin didn't feel like sulking anymore, but instead he wants seungmin's attention on him. he poked the younger's side, but the boy didn't care and proceed to cover his face with his hand on the side of his face.

hyunjin started puckering his lips towards seungmin and making tiny sounds, just enough for them both to hear. as much as he wants his boyfriend's attention, he wouldn't want to bother the others in the library. seungmin of course didn't respond, but he was silently writing something down on a sticky note.

hyunjin was about to give up trying to get seungmin to kiss him, but he suddenly felt something being sticked to his forehead and he almost fell off his chair. when he realized it was seungmin who had sticked on a sticky note on his forehead, he took it and read the writings on the small paper.

not in the library, sweetheart.
let's say, what about i stay over
at your house today hmm? ;)

hyunjin felt heat rushing through his whole body, making him super red in appearance. he tried to cover his blushing face with the tiny sticky note, obviously failing. he swears seungmin never failed to make him so flustered. and to even do it with just some writings on a piece of paper? that blows his mind.

after recollecting himself, hyunjin goes back to resting his head on his arms on the table. he really didn't feel like studying so he just decided to close his eyes and eventually fell asleep beside seungmin. the younger glanced to the side and smiled, finding his own hand caressing hyunjin's head for a while.

after he felt like he studied enough for the day, seungmin stretched his arms to the side. when he looked up, he noticed that the library is almost empty. that's when he realized that the closing time is approaching. he started sorting both his and hyunjin's things and stuffed them in their bags.

"hey baby, wake up." after he's done, here comes to most difficult part. waking hyunjin up isn't an easy thing because one, he's a deep sleeper and two, he usually choose to ignore the choice to wake up and kept on sleeping.

seungmin knew they couldn't stay much longer and he was starting to use his special method to wake the other up. "hwang hyunjin, wake up or you won't be getting any kisses from me when we get home." he said near hyunjin's ear, getting a response almost immediately.

hyunjin lifted his head up abruptly from the table with his eyes half-closed. he started whining a little about wanting a kiss before seungmin pulled him up from the seat and walked him out of the library. when they got outside, hyunjin was still half asleep and clinging onto seungmin's arm.

"i didn't say you would get a kiss right away, you gotta wait until we get home." seungmin reasoned, making his boyfriend unwrapped himself from the younger's arm. "you're so mean." he huffed out, still grumpy from being woken up. he started to walk ahead, leaving seungmin behind.

this didn't worry seungmin though, he already had an idea in mind. before hyunjin could get any further, he pulled the older's wrist by surprise. hyunjin was shocked to be pulled into seungmin's gentle embrace out of the blue, but when he felt the other's soft lips on his, he melted into the kiss right away.

seungmin holds onto hyunjin's waist while he had his arms wrapped around the younger's neck. when they pulled away, hyunjin is finally wide awake and the grumpiness has left with no sign of coming back. seungmin smirked seeing how red his boyfriend looked after the surprise kiss and booped his nose.

"let's get you home now, shall we?"

—————

also inspired by seungmin's flirtatious remarks nowadays that always hits different. as a 2min stan, i suffered a lot :D

oh if you guys want a link to the tweet which art this based on, take a look at my recent announcements ^—^

but i hope you enjoyed this one! a bit different since hyunjin is the clingy and cute one while seungmin is just :)))

quick note : i love you guys (〃ω〃) ♡