ring | changlix

ship : changlix | changbin x felix
genre : angst
type : storyline
relationship : couple
status : not requested

--•--

ring
(sad hours : open because author is feeling a bit angsty today 😩✊)

changbin and felix have been dating for 3 years and all felix ever wanted from changbin for their anniversary are couple rings and that'll be more than enough. he had been wanting it for so long and changbin just smiled when he found out.

"hyung, can you please buy us couple rings?" felix pleaded when the two went on a date that evening. changbin just smiled softly and ruffled his hair.

"i'll get you something better, i promise," changbin replied and felix just clings to changbin's arm with a cheeky smile on his face as they kept walking. people around them are staring but they could careless about them.

nothing can break this two apart.

that morning of their anniversary, changbin had made breakfast in bed for his boyfriend and the younger almost teared up from the sweet gesture. they both had breakfast and stayed to cuddle in bed the whole morning.

changbin had something planned for the younger that afternoon so he dragged him to get out of bed and get ready. felix refused at first, but changbin insisted since he already paid for whatever he's planning.

so changbin took felix to the amusement park which is the younger's favourite place since forever. they went on rides and photo booths, takes a lot of picture of each other and occasionally hugging and kissing. both of them are having the time of their lives.

changbin had another surprise that evening and felix was all excited about it because he love surprises. the older had took him to a dog café and felix was literally squealing the whole time. he had always wanted to go but he rarely have any time for it.

changbin stared at felix, a soft smile constantly dancing on his lips. he had one more surprise for the younger and he will make sure it's the best one because you always save the best for last.

it was getting darker, and the two had a great time at the dog café. as soon as they got out, the streets looks extremely peaceful, only a few cars here and there. changbin took this as a chance as he took felix's hands in his and smiled at him softly.

they were in the middle of the pavement but changbin could careless, he wants this to be perfect and for the world to know. "it's time for me to give you your present, baby," he said softly and felix blushes as he looked down.

changbin had been holding a bag all this time and he took something out and to felix's surprise, it's a huge teddy bear. changbin handed the bear to felix and the younger's smile immediately dropped.

"what's wrong? you don't like it?" changbin asked as he saw the sad plus furious reaction he got from felix. the younger turned his head to the older, his face tensed.

"i thought i made it clear that i wanted couple rings and you give me this?" without even thinking, felix throws the teddy bear onto the street not even caring how everyone can see him throwing a tantrum.

changbin looked at the bear in shock before running to it before something else could happen. but once felix eyes followed his movements, the time immediately stopped as he saw a car had accidently hit his boyfriend and the boy was sent to the ground with a harsh impact on his head.

felix quickly ran towards changbin, cupping his hands onto the older's cheeks. "hyung, please stay with me. i'm s-so sorry," he said as he feels tears streaming down his face like a waterfall.

changbin let out a small smile but before he could reply, changbin had fallen into unconsciousness. felix freaked out and yelled for help, he has to save changbin, he needs to.

but luck was never on his side.

during changbin's funeral, felix could never stop crying. he had never felt so devastated in his life. he knew he shouldn't have done what he did, but he was letting his emotions control him.

he could never forgive himself. he was the reason changbin is dead and he hates himself for it. he promised the older he would always stay by his side and make up if they ever fought, but he couldn't even hear changbin accepting his apology that time.

once he got home, felix quickly walked into their used-to-be shared bedroom and plopped himself on the bed face down. his eyes are still producing stream of tears and he didn't want it to stop.

he perked his head and glanced to his side to see the giant teddy bear changbin had gifted him. it was still slightly dirty, but that's the last memory of changbin felix had.

he sat up and hugged the teddy before taking a good look at it. he looks at the small button in the middle of it's belly and thought it was cute. he wasn't expecting anything when pressed it.

"will you marry me?"

felix eyes went wide almost immediately. the teddy just spoke those words when he pressed the button and he have no idea how to react at that moment. looking closer, felix spot a pouch on the bear's belly.

without giving a thought, he slid his hand through and felt a velvety texture of a box. taking it out, he found a small blue velvet box in his tiny hands and felt his heart race.

taking a deep breath, he slowly opened the box and it revealed two rings and felix heart broke even more than it already is. the two rings are meant for them,

changbin was supposed to propose to him.

felix could feel a stab in his chest as he started to sob terribly. he began mourning and crying for changbin. he just needed changbin right now, no one else could comfort him.

he just want to apologize to the older for whatever he had done. changbin did nothing other than planned a wonderful anniversary day for them but he just had to ruined it. all he could think of now is how terrible of a boyfriend he is. he doesn't deserve changbin and he's the one who'a supposed to leave the world, not him. he's too cruel for the world.

felix never felt so terrible in his life. he was extremely hyperventilating and his heart clenched in super painful ways. now he can never ever forgive himself. even sorry couldn't bring changbin back.

nothing can bring changbin back into his life.

-----

dunno why i wrote that but now i feel bad for both of them :'(

hope you enjoyed that though huhu

-love, dee