happy | hyunsung

ship : hyunsung | hyunjin x jisung
genre : angst
type : storyline
relationship : ?
status : not requested
inspired by jisung's latest solo, HaPpY

happy

jisung couldn't sleep.

his mind is always occupied by the same thing every night, and it is not making his insomnia any better. every single day he would think about this, and then he will cry, then the morning comes and the process repeats.

but the only reason he can't stop thinking about it is the fact that seeing hyunjin's smile makes him happy, even if he just made it up in his head. every time he sees that smile, he smiles too.

but then he remembered that the boy is not with him anymore, and he won't be able to see his smile everyday. and that was the moment his tears would pool up in his eyes and he would cry all night. it hurts him bad. so so bad.

three months ago, jisung and hyunjin was still in a relationship. they were very happy and everyone knew that they're inseparable. wherever you see jisung, there will always be hyunjin. the same goes to the latter.

the two started dating after two years of being close friends and since then, they know no means of sadness and seperation and were completely happy with everything they had.

jisung has always loved hyunjin. from the first time he saw him until this very day, his love never fades. the older is always in his mind night and day, even if he's not physically there with him anymore.

and he knows well enough hyunjin loved him too. the older never once left his side when he's feeling down and is always there to cheer him up. he would always tuck jisung to sleep when he's sick, sing something to help the younger relax and hyunjin would even plan an indoor date for them, knowing that it's one of jisung's favourite thing to do.

but nothing lasts forever.

a few weeks before they cut things off, jisung found out something he didn't expect. right after he heard the news, all he thinks about was what would hyunjin do if he finds out?

the younger couldn't bear seeing his lover sad, it would hurt him the most. but at the same time, he also didn't want to hurt hyunjin. he couldn't avoid what's going to happen to him, and he knows the older would be devastated if he finds out.

and so he decided to end things.

"hyunjin, can we talk?" was the first thing he said that night while they were walking at the park. the ravennette tilted his head and stopped on his tracks, waiting for jisung to continue.

jisung felt his heart clench, he really didn't want to do any of this. he couldn't let hyunjin go so easily, yet this is the only option he could think of. if letting hyunjin go this early would make the older hurts less, then it is better than keeping him by his side before things gets worse.

"before i start, i just want you to know that i love you. i really do." he started off, his hands fiddled within the cold atmosphere. "you make me so happy throughout the years and i've never been so lucky to have you with me until this very day. you definitely brought light to my life."

jisung watched as the older's face softens, a small smile appearing on his lips. but even so, he can't help but to feel guilty, knowing that the smile would drop anytime soon. jisung took a deep breath before continuing, his voice shaking lightly.

"but i just think that... things aren't going to work out.

and with that, hyunjin's heart dropped. out of everything he went through, this is the one thing he didn't expect to happen. he couldn't believe what he heard, is jisung really breaking up with him?