rest | seungchan

ship : seungchan | seungmin x chan
genre : soft angst | fluff
type : storyline
relationship : couple
status : not requested

rest

bang christopher chan.

now, will anyone tell me what comes up to mind when you see this name?

of course, it's the guy with the biggest, most kindest heart, known to treasure his loved ones so much that everyone will end up falling in love with him. that sounds amazing, right?

sadly, chan doesn't really takes care of himself well enough. his passion for music is crazy that he would not waste even a second of his life if it's not for making music and creating content for people to enjoy. such an angel, yet it's sad to see how he's neglecting his health like it's nothing.

at this point, the whole world knows that chan doesn't sleep since he works all night long and even if he did, it wouldn't last long either. the man has been running on four hours sleep everyday and everyone is worried for him.

especially seungmin.

every single night the younger would wait for chan to come home so he can make sure he rests, but he always ended up falling asleep before chan could arrive.

and when he wakes up the next morning, he would see chan sitting on the edge of the bed with his laptop on the four-wheeled desk in front of him, working. seungmin could feel his heart break seeing how hard chan works for them, and he really wants him to give himself a break.

before the night approaches again, the younger was determined to stay up a bit longer so that he can stop chan himself. he will make sure their leader get the rest he deserves.

seungmin waited in bed for hours. he glanced at the clock to find out it was already half past three in the morning. it was the longest he had stayed up for, but chan is still not home. he frowned knowing that he wouldn't be able to control himself anymore and he eventually fell into light sleep.

seungmin stirred in his sleep and woke up to the slow rustling sounds near him. he squinted his eyes, adjusting to the dim lamp at the edge of the bed. surprisingly, he could see a familiar figure right beside it and a realization hits him when he figured out it's chan.

he rubbed his eyes softly, trying to get the sleepiness out of his eyes so he could approach chan. the older had headphones on, slowly bopping his head to the music he was working on. seeing chan trying to fight off his tiredness made seungmin smiled sadly.

chan was surprised to feel arms snaked around his waist from behind since he didn't expect his boyfriend to be awake at some ungodly hours. not only that, seungmin also wrapped his legs around chan's waist, literally craddling onto him like a koala.

"baby, why are you still up?" chan asked softly as he took off his headphones. he was about to turn around when seungmin tightened his hug and mumbled sleepily. chan chuckled, rubbing the younger's hands softly. "what was that? i couldn't hear you." he said.

"you're not asleep, so how can i sleep?" seungmin said a little clearer this time, his eyes still closed and his head resting comfortably on chan's back. this made chan's heart melt, he really didn't mean to make seungmin worry like this.

"you work so hard hyung, you need to give yourself a break. it's not healthy, you know?" seungmin continued, and this time he said it out loud and clear. this made chan turned around to face him as he finally let go of his tight embrace.

"minnie sweetheart, i'm sorry okay? i know you're worried but i can take care of myself, yeah?" chan reasoned, his hands caressing seungmin's soft cheeks. but the younger wasn't having any of it.

"that's a lie, you really don't. you always say that yet i never see you facing away from your laptop. i'm always with you, hyung. i would know if you were taking care of yourself or not." he snapped, a frown growing on his lips. tears were threatening to slip out of his eyes, but he held them back.

chan felt his tongue tied and his lips sealed tight after seungmin's cold response. he knew he can never be completely honest about his well-being, and seungmin will always know what's wrong even if he tried covering it up with an excuse.

he saw how seungmin's eyes were a bit glassy and he just realized how much this has impacted him in a way. "h-hey, don't cry. i'm sorry, i really am. i should've considered my health when working and i feel really bad that you're affected by it too. i'm sorry okay?" chan tried to wipe seungmin's tears away before it could drop down his cheeks as he apologized.

"do you promise to give yourself breaks every now and then?" even though he was happy enough with chan's apology, seungmin needed some reassurance so that he knows what to expect. chan smiled fondly and took out his pinky finger, connecting it with seungmin's.

"i pinkie promise."

seungmin gasped lightly, "you pinkie promised! you know you can never break a pinkie promise right?" he exclaimed, gaining a sweet laugh from chan. the older always wondered how can his boyfriend be so cute, it really didn't make sense to him.

"of course i know, that's why i did it. i don't want to worry my baby anymore." chan spoke softly, finally bringing back seungmin's adorable smile. he kissed the younger gently, his heart bursting when he could feel seungmin smiles into the kiss.

when they pulled away, the younger quickly wrapped his arms around chan's waist and turned him so that he could lay in bed instead of facing his laptop. chan was of course surprised by how strong seungmin can be, but he wasn't complaining.

"no more work for today, just cuddles and sleep." he stated as he wrapped them both in a blanket and snuggled into chan's warm neck. chan laughed at seungmin's clinginess, but of course he loved it. he then pulled the younger closer and placed a kiss on top of his head.

"yes, no more work for today. just cuddles and sleep."

—————

sorry i'm a bit attached to this ship right now it's unexplainable at this point help

BUT ANYWAYS YAY CUTE SEUNGCHAN FLUFF :D bear in mind that chan isn't like this in reality (i hope) because i'm 100% sure he can take care of himself <3

i hope you guys enjoyed this c: