oblivious | chanbin

ship : chanbin | chan x changbin
genre : fluff
type : storyline
relationship : couples/friends
status : not requested
this is a bonus chapter from my other book, cruise!

--•--

oblivious

"you know, if jeongin didn't spill the tea about you liking me, i would still wonder what my life would be like without you,"

chan looked up to his boyfriend, chuckling at the younger's statement. the two of them are currently tucked up together in bed in each other arms, all snuggled and ready to go for a deep slumber.

"i knew jeongin couldn't keep his mouth shut and to be honest, i don't regret telling him about my crush on you," chan replied.

--

"jeongin, i need your help. i need to confess to changbin before some other dude snatch him from me," chan frowned at the younger, demanding for advices. jeongin may not be the best for giving advices but chan only had one reliable friend so he had no choice.

"hyung, look. no one's gonna snatch him from you. he likes you too, okay?" at this point, jeongin was already tired of keeping the secret in. maybe letting it out would be better.

chan eyes lit up as he heard the words that came out from jeongin's mouth. he can't believe it. how could someone as perfect as changbin likes him back?

"don't tell him i told you that, he's gonna kill me. gotta blast!" jeongin said and ran back home. chan was still standing there in awe in the middle of the neighbourhood.

the walk back to his home was pretty lengthy and far from jeongin's. as he was still caught up in his thoughts, raindrops started falling slowly. not long after that it started to get just a little heavy and chan had problems finding a shelter.

he hurriedly looked around his bag to find any kind of book that could maybe protect him from the rain. as he got a book out and put over his head, he was finally free from the raindrops.

the weird thing is, not only is his head is safe from the raindrops, but his whole body was also dry. confused, chan lifted his head up to meet with another presence beside him, holding an umbrella covering both of them from the rain.

to his surprise, it was his 2 years crush and to say how chan was insanely flustered is an understatement. blushes were visible on both of their cheeks as they avoid each other's eye, standing in awkward silence.

"you know that the book won't completely shield you from the rain, right?" changbin broke the silence, motioning his finger to the book on chan's head.

chan sheepishly smiled and put the book back into his bag. boy, was he embarrassed.

"come on, i'll walk you home. i live in the same area as you anyway," changbin smiled softly, bravely putting on a confident act. deep down, his heart is beating like crazy at this close proximity between him and his crush.

chan nodded and leads the way. the walk was quiet but it's no where near uncomfortable. just two boys who are obliviously in love with each other walking home together from school.

upon reaching chan's doorsteps, changbin was deadly nervous. he planned to ask chan out right at this moment but everything just felt so wrong.

"thanks for walking me home, bin." chan said, a soft smile spread across his face. the same smile that changbin had fell for the first time he saw it. the same smile that brought happiness to changbin's life. the same smile that brighten up his gloomy days.

to say that changbin only has a 'small' crush on chan is definitely false. i mean, anyone could see how head over heels changbin is for the older, except chan. jeongin swore he could see his eyes went heart-shaped every time he see chan on his daily basis.

same goes to chan. for the last 2 years, his heart had been occupied with the boy that sat in front of him in class. it's none other than changbin, the 'most perfect human ever created,' as described by chan himself.

it started with their first small conversation about 'does fish drink water'. it was random but chan will never forget how gorgeous changbin looked at that time, and changbin couldn't stop staring at those adorable features of chan.

but still at this point, no one really said anything. the whole school knows about them being in love with each other, EXCEPT themselves. not even now, right at this moment.

that's why jeongin, who accidentally outed to changbin about chan liking him back, decided to just play cupid and bring those two together. i mean, that would be a dream come true.

"um, bin? you've been standing there for a while now. if you're not going back home, i could invite you in for a drink until the rain stops."

changbin snapped out of his thoughts and looked up to the sky. the rain had been getting heavier since they arrived at chan's, and making his way back home would still drench him no matter what. hesitantly, he accepted the offer.

chan's mom is at work, so the two of them were quietly (and may i add, awkwardly) sitting at the living room, sipping their drinks. they would spare glances at each other then look away when the other looked back.

out of all his life, this is by far the most awkward situation changbin had been in. he hates it and wanted to get comfortable with chan. maybe if he wasn't a coward, that would've been easier.

not long after that, the rain stopped. and the two didn't even talk to each other once, except excusing themselves to the bathroom. progress? i don't think so.

sending changbin off by his door, chan felt a bit sad that nothing really happened today but nevertheless he's still happy he got to technically 'spend' time with changbin.

"it's now or never," changbin mumbled, which made chan confused. changbin looked really nervous and he had no idea why.

"i like you, hyung. i know it's stupid for me to just say it now but i've liked you for the past two years. i understand if you don't like me back, i just had to let that out," changbin confessed.

chan was frozen, his mouth zipped tight. of course he was speechless, he thought nothing would happen today but suddenly changbin just did that. do you expect chan to be okay about this?

"bye." changbin abruptly said and turn his back and ran towards the gate out of chan's entrance.

but before he could completely got out from chan's he heard a quick but sweet reply from chan and he couldn't help but smile.

"i like you too, changbin! see you tomorrow, love!"