i remember | chansung

ship : chansung | chan x jisung
genre : angst
type : storyline
relationship : couple (?)
status : ideas by stayiinlife
(the idea is similar but it's a tad bit different, do you even remember what you suggested? hehe)

i remember
(sorry but author's sad hours : open again bear with me please OH AND IT GOT PRETTY LONG SORRY)

that morning chan was woken up by a call from the hospital, telling him that his boyfriend who was in a coma for three months had finally regain conciousness. he couldn't even express how happy he is to hear the news, let alone how excited he is to meet the love of his life again.

three months ago, jisung was involved in a terrible car accident. he was on his way to meet chan on the other side of the town and he just got off the bus. while he was waiting for the traffic light to turn red, he noticed that a woman near the crosswalk was looking for something in her handbag and left her baby who was on a stroller unattended.

at the same time jisung saw a truck coming their way with quite a high speed to make it in time before the traffic light turns red. he panicked once he realized the stroller was sliding away from the pavement and onto the road. he didn't even think about it and quickly ran to the stroller and try to pull it back. he succeded on saving the baby but he tripped on his own feet and stumbled further than he's supposed to. now he's right on the crosswalk, the truck heading straight towards him. he had no time to turn back and run.

and that was when jisung was admitted to the hospital.

his condition was very critical and when chan found out, he couldn't believe it. he kept blaming himself for everything because if he haven't decided to meet the younger that day, all of this wouldn't have happened. jisung would still be here by his side and telling him that he will be okay. he would be the one to comfort him when he feels uneasy and sad. he would be he one who always take care of him when he's not feeling his best.

but there's no one to do that now.

chan waited every single day for his boyfriend. he couldn't bear to lose his loved one again. jisung was his first, and he will make sure that he is also his last. chan never missed a day visiting jisung at the hospital, but every time he did, the pain in his heart just grew bigger and bigger. he couldn't see jisung like this anymore, he wants to see his lively smile and beautiful laugh again.

but now a light of hope appeared in chan's eyes when he finally see jisung wide awake on his hospital bed, looking around in confusion. the older smiled, he missed seeing jisung's round eyes when he's confused. he was sure that the younger missed him too.

he opened the door slowly and walked in with a smile. though, his smile immediately dropped when he didn't get one in return. jisung knitted his eyebrows together and tilted his head to the side when he saw chan. the older find this gesture very cute and jisung is probably just messing with him.

"hey baby, i missed you." chan said above a whisper, just enough for them both to hear as he approached the younger. he sat himself on the bed beside jisung and he was surprised to see the younger flinch. chan proceeded to meet eyes with him when he realized that it's empty.

his eyes are empty.

chan couldn't see the longing in jisung's eyes. he couldn't see the pure love and affection in his eyes. he couldn't see the glistening sparkles he always had in his eyes. where are they?